Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ps 3 11/17

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    I'm trying to bid on EBAY a Hong Kong PAL version seeing it comes out in March here a real pain ..

allegedly the games are suppose to be region free ??can anyone confirm this ? so I could import a NTSC if I wanted to ?
    i wouldn't risk it. sony just shut lik-sang down because they were letting people import stuff. any PS3 will probably work on any telly now, but they probably aren't happy about it
    has nothing to do with the telly.. its the system itself if it plays PAL games on a NTSC system

why the fuck are sony so pissed off anyway its not as if they lose money from me importing it in fact they get more $$$ and lose more if I dont

2. Games   -   #22
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    i wouldn't risk it. sony just shut lik-sang down because they were letting people import stuff. any PS3 will probably work on any telly now, but they probably aren't happy about it
    has nothing to do with the telly.. its the system itself if it plays PAL games on a NTSC system

why the fuck are sony so pissed off anyway its not as if they lose money from me importing it in fact they get more $$$ and lose more if I dont
    the region locks used to be a technical thing because PAL stuff ran at 50mhz and NTSC ran at 60mhz. nowadays most TVs in PAL regions can do 60mhz and because consoles can do VGA and DVI, they can't be lazy about video outputs like they used to so region locks are optional.

I know for example that nintendo put region locks in the wii but so far developers have chosen to disable them because they're not total cunts.

according to maddox, sony have already sued an importers. they even said it's because it's harder to exploit the hype

3. Games   -   #23
    The wife works for a retailer..They pre sold some ps3's....I've heard that they will not be receiving there full initial order...Some people who pre ordered will not be receiving there ps3 on the 17'th...I wonder if we will here more stories like this.....stay tuned for the first day frenzy...

4. Games   -   #24
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69998
    US PS3 shipments halved? Ahead of the launch of the PlayStation 3 in the US, Lazard Capital Markets believes Sony will only be able to ship between 150,000 and 200,000 units to retail shelves.
    Not so good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70036
    According to an Associated Press report, the online auction company has limited PS3 pre-order sales to individuals with at least 50 auctions behind them and 98 percent positive feedback.

Not only that, but anybody flogging one before Friday will need to include a photo of the pre-order receipt and guarantee shipment within 30 days of the date of purchase. What's more, they have to be listed as auctions rather than "buy it now" items that allow people to purchase instantly.

5. Games   -   #25
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian View Post
    Good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69998

Not so good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70036
    According to an Associated Press report, the online auction company has limited PS3 pre-order sales to individuals with at least 50 auctions behind them and 98 percent positive feedback.

Not only that, but anybody flogging one before Friday will need to include a photo of the pre-order receipt and guarantee shipment within 30 days of the date of purchase. What's more, they have to be listed as auctions rather than "buy it now" items that allow people to purchase instantly.
    We already know. Post #6.

I'm getting mine tonight so all o dat won't matter.

--------------

At the Rockville, MD Circuit City store (one of 6 to open at midnight), folks have been outside since Tuesday.

Although they are in tents there is a huge fucking storm going on right now.

Ahhh but they'll be able to play a new game on an overpriced system..
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-16-2006 at 08:37 PM.

6. Games   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    folks have been outside since Tuesday.
    OMFG

That's a long time to wait.

7. Games   -   #27
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    folks have been outside since Tuesday.
    OMFG

That's a long time to wait.
    Especially since the weather went fuck-all today.

It was raining hard as shit.

8. Games   -   #28
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYSTATION-3-PS...QQcmdZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009
    Winning bid: US $15,100.00
    Ended: Nov-17-06 08:00:00 PST
    Shipping costs:
    FREE
    US Postal Service Priority Mail®
    Service to United States
    (more services)
    Ships to: Worldwide
    Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
    History: 73 bids
    Winning bidder: bid_boy_walshey( 42Feedback score is 10 to 49)
    You can also: Email to a friend | Sell one like this

THIS IS JUST CRAZY
    Last edited by matt526; 11-17-2006 at 04:08 PM.

9. Games   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    Winning bid: US $15,100.00
    I assume that's just people trying to disrupt the auction and cause trouble for scalpers. I don't think that seller will be seeing the money.

10. Games   -   #30
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I would be pissed if that was my auction. I'd report them as non buyers and have them booted from eBay.

The other one was $44K.

PS - I had several of my employees not show up this morning due to oversleeping. They called me too late. I had planned on getting 8 playstations, but only got 3.

Better than nothing.

yo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast