Thread: playstation emulator

Smile

i have acquired an alleged playstation 2 emulator called pcsx_2[1].9.1_ and i was wondering how i can use it (im sorry if i break any forum rules by asking the wrong questions) it looks like i would load a rom just like the old n64 and snes ones but do i have to download any kind of specific file , i assume that just popin a game into the cd drive wouldnt work but i figured there roms i kind download via bittorrent or p2p , if any could post an url or answer any of my questions i would greatly appreciate

2. Games   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    First you need to using the most up-to-date version, PCSX2 0.9.2, here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/games...eleased-138389

Secondly you'll need the BIOS files, you can find them by going to Torrentspy and searching for "PS2 BIOS".

Apparently putting a PS2 disk into your DVD drive will work but you can download PS2 roms from Torrentspy, private Bittorrent trackers or newsgroups.

As a sidenote, you are going to need a pretty powerful PC and a willingness to play around with settings.
    Last edited by Cheese; 11-20-2006 at 02:26 PM.

3. Games   -   #3

Cool

hey thanx for the reply and the info , i figured it was proabably gona be more of a pain then it was worth but ill proabably still try and fool around with it , find an online guide or something. as i looked around some forums last night i heard people talking about chipsets and all kinds of thing i had no idea about but i was just trying to figure out what kind of rom to download so i didnt waste 4 gb of time thnx man

4. Games   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    hey thanx for the reply and the info , i figured it was proabably gona be more of a pain then it was worth but ill proabably still try and fool around with it , find an online guide or something. as i looked around some forums last night i heard people talking about chipsets and all kinds of thing i had no idea about but i was just trying to figure out what kind of rom to download so i didnt waste 4 gb of time thnx man
    There's a compatiability list and guides here: http://www.pcsx2.net/

Just find a game that works fully and is near or below 1gb, save yourself some heartache. Good luck.

5. Games   -   #5
    what about iso or bin will that work sense u said u couls put a disk in the drive ,if it could reconize your drive wouldnt be able to reconize a virtual drive?

6. Games   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    what about iso or bin will that work sense u said u couls put a disk in the drive ,if it could reconize your drive wouldnt be able to reconize a virtual drive?
    If you have an ISO image you the emulator can just read that file, you don't need Daemon Tools or the like.