Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security Question!!

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    cable not wireless. don't you think reinstalling windows is a little drastick

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    nope

i reinstall windows everytime i get spyware on my pc

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    formatting just because he had a password found out is way over the mark.
    1 possibility it could have been is this:
    theres a new scam circulating, or maybe its not new, maybe its just been found out about recently, but it works like this.

u get a pm on a site, lets use oink for example. u open this pm, and its some user asking u to visit a webpage/link. when u visit this link, it somehow copies ur cookie information from the site where u clicked the link (oink) and passes it on to the person who pm'd u. the cookie contains ur username and password.

basically, if somebody sends u a pm on a torrent site, which contains a link/url in it, DO NOT click it, as they could be able to get ur username and password from it. quite a few sites have recently send mass pm's warning users about this scam. i know torrentleech have recently made security changes which require u to login each time ur i.p changes, which prevents the stolen cookie from being used by the attacker. im sure other sites will fix this too.

if u do get a pm like i described above, with a url in it, asking u to visit it, then make sure u report it to the site staff, so the attacker(s) can be banned.

hope this helps

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Thanks for all comments. one question! this master password how does it work on firefox?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    There are other ways to login to someones username as well. If the sites your using have sql injections and the people hacking your account now where and how to use them... They can acctually login to your account without even using your password.
    I had someone do this to me so know how to do it after examining the logs.
    I highly doubt they used this method though. But never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12