Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitmetv invite policy change!!!!!!!

syD's Avatar RETIRED

Urgent

EDIT: point made, so closed for now.
    Last edited by syD; 11-14-2006 at 07:34 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    I've got an Oink invite I'd like to trade for a BitmeTV invite. Maybe that makes the trade more attractive, cause now we would both have something to lose if someone cheated.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well thats kinda unfair. only a couple of "bad apples" are cheaters and the vast mojority of us are not. This is not a regular bittorent forum where you can just sign up and do whatever you want. there are consequences for cheating further than being banned from an account...

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Damn, that's strict. I guess it's for the good of the torrent community.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    I too thought my invites would come back. I lost them after I invited madypro if you don't believe he's a scammer then believe he's a cheat. I wish they sent a mass pm to everyone then people would be more cautious who they gave invites to.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    just a question
    how often or how much upload do you have to meet to get more invites once you used them all.
    and to the cheaters, why even try to cheat at bitmetv? they know how to detect there and will just take your account away so why bother doing it

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    well thats kinda unfair. only a couple of "bad apples" are cheaters and the vast mojority of us are not. This is not a regular bittorent forum where you can just sign up and do whatever you want. there are consequences for cheating further than being banned from an account...
    trust me, that is exactly what i thought, that this was a community where people are honest and can be trusted, and thats why i was open to sharing with the community. as it later turned out, no less than 4 (yes, four) of my invitees to bitmetv were cheaters or were having multiple accounts... and i did trust them when i handed them the bitmetvs...
    it is because of this trust that my invites got permanently disabled, because i could have lived forever without having the need to invite those!

if you're saying that they can be banned from the community, oh well, they probably should, but will that bring my invites back? most likely not, so what good would that do... let them be in their misery.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    holy shit, 4???
    i cant blame you then
    jesus 4...

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    I dont think this has just changed, Ive seen this mentioned as far back as a couple of weeks ago. IMO its way too strict. The admins say that you are guilty by association if you invite a cheater so you lose your invites. I dont necessarily agree with it but you cant fight it.

Ill probably never get invites there as itll take me AGES to get to 65gb up. They say "only invite people you know well" but at what point do you run out of people to invite that you feel you can trust? Then what are you suppose to do with the invites?

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by syD
    so for anyone thinking about giving away/trading his bitmetv invites to random ppl, i strongly advise against it, that is, unless you dont want to put your acct in peril and forever lose the privilege of invites.
    solution: do not trade invites with anyone

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast