Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dl Size Problem

I always seem to dl file more than the actual size,if the game size is 3GB,i seem to dl more than 4gb

I am using bitcomet,and i dont want to change the client,

So does anybody know how to solve this problem

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    have you ever read the FAQ posted on every tracker ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by just about every faq
    The torrent is supposed to be 100MB. How come I downloaded 120MB?

See the hash fails topic. If your client receives bad data it will have to redownload it, therefore the total downloaded may be larger than the torrent size. Make sure the "kick/ban" option in your client is turned on. This will stop downloading from peers which are sending bad data.

Do not overload your Internet connection by having too many torrents and/or too many peer connections in use simultaneously. The BitTorrent protocol requires fast handshaking between peers. If there are too many connections in use to maintain good handshaking, duplicate pieces will be sent and dropped due to inadequate communication between your client and other peers. Those dropped pieces result in wasted time and bandwidth. The faster the connection you have, the more torrents and connections you can have in use simultaneously without having too many dropped pieces. If your client is operating efficiently, dropped pieces should represent less than 1% of the pieces you are receiving.
    Edit:sorry for the attitude btw, i lost alot of $ playing poker with my friends earlier
    Last edited by kavalchuk17; 11-13-2006 at 05:18 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    i think, however much you love bitcomet, that you should try to switch to utorrent... it is so much better and you wont have to worry about problems like this occuring. after you switch to utorrent, you're not going to want to return to bitcomet, trust me on this

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Make sure the "kick/ban" option in your client is turned on

Is there any option in bitcomet???

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    No you see thats why bitcomet is banned in many sites now. I would suggest you get utorrent or azureas. These are better and you are less likely to get hashfails. If you do not change you will still have these problems. Could you tell us why you do not want to change....anyway no matter what the reason if you don't want hashfails then switch and quick!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Bitcomet is a well known ratio cheating client. Thats why its acctually blacklisted in alot of private communities.
    It also sends multiple un-needed announces to the servers making the server loads larger than they need to be.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva View Post
    No you see thats why bitcomet is banned in many sites now. I would suggest you get utorrent or azureas. These are better and you are less likely to get hashfails. If you do not change you will still have these problems. Could you tell us why you do not want to change....anyway no matter what the reason if you don't want hashfails then switch and quick!!!

Bcz utorrent is very slow compared to bitcomet

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Have you ever thought that if you subtracted that extra gig you have to download every time that maybe utorrent really isn't as slow as you think.Bitcomet sucks dude.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Have you ever thought that if you subtracted that extra gig you have to download every time that maybe utorrent really isn't as slow as you think.Bitcomet sucks dude.
    Now that is a good point.

But also sometimes memorey could be the cause of hashfails I belive, so maybe run a few mem tests its not faulty.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by red devils View Post
    Bcz utorrent is very slow compared to bitcomet
    wht have u been smoking recently?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast