Thread: Moving half completed torrents between clients?

Question Mark

Hello

Fairly new to torrents, started off with bitComet after it was recommended to me. But seeing a lot of the positive comments with regards to uTorrent and the currently mediocre at best speeds I seem to be getting, I was wondering if it were possible to move torrents that were in the process of being downloaded from BitComet to uTorrent... and if so how would I go about doing that?
    Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    u download the .torrent file from the tracker again and u open it with utorrent and set the locatios to match the previous...also make sure u don't have .bc! on every file downloaded and it should work
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Suphix's Avatar . BT Rep: +1
    glad your making the switch to uTorrent.. best torrent client your gona use probably.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Yep I also agree Utorrent is the best for windows and I belive Bit Coment labels there torrents with a weird extension so you might have to change that or any partial downloads will begin downloading from the begining.

IF anyone can confirm this please help out since I just remeber vaguely reading about it somewere.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    i dunno if it's default anymore but in the past it was...bitcomet had .bc! on every file and utorrent also has the option to put .ut! on every file but u have to activate it
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Thanks pECi for the info, since its been a long time since I used bit comet and had that problem when I changed clients.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thanks for the help guys. I think considering my inexperience it's probably just best I wait until these dls are done and then do any new ones on uTorrent.
    Cheers!