Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you donate to your favorite BT site?

Member BT Rep: +2
    I was also thinking about it but then I realized that donating money to a site like that could very well cause legal problems for me if the site were to be taken down by the authorities. They would probably get all the logs with all the IPs but I'm sure that the list of NAMES of users who donated through Paypal would be even more useful to them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sniper06's Avatar Im invisible BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I donate every month to keep may favourite site alive

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    i donate to a couple of sites (my favs) - its just like going to the movies only u get much more!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    nope never donated.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No, I've never donated before.

So many people classify donating as paying to leech, but you have to remember that the site owners have server costs, too.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    the only two sites worth donating to are sct and oink, and thats because you cant donate to buy upload credit, and donating doesnt exempt you from ratio requirements.

long live sct and oink!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Respect syD i totally agree with you for once lol!!!! I think that donations are only necessary when you are not paying to leech but helping pay for server costs!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    lol, for once only

Quote Originally Posted by Threepwood83 View Post
    I was also thinking about it but then I realized that donating money to a site like that could very well cause legal problems for me if the site were to be taken down by the authorities. They would probably get all the logs with all the IPs but I'm sure that the list of NAMES of users who donated through Paypal would be even more useful to them.
    paranoid much?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    lol, for once only

Quote Originally Posted by Threepwood83 View Post
    paranoid much?
    I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    The MPAA and FBI have no jurisdiction to access your paypal information without your concent prior to what you may beleive.
    They can however get your ip if they were to seize a server thats hosting a tracker. But in most cases the owners of sites knowing they are acctually one of the main people at risk ussually have the servers hosted outside of legal jurisdiction.
    I had a visit wont say what type but...
    I still donate to sites (other than my own) quite frequently.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast