Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Progress Toward Bittorrent's Holy Grail?

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I hear ya dude and if it's possible i'm sure we are all with you,nothing would be greater then the bittorent way of doing things along with full anonymity.Good luck to you

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    You could take a look at programs like MUTE or similar. Closest thing Ive seen in the BT community is TPB working on a darknet system. Think its pay based though didnt read into it to much. Theres also VPN though it creates a NAT affect as in yellow light and not great for torrents as it creates speed issues. This is also a generally a pay service. As for what you want in theory its doubtfull you will see it any time soon. You might want to take a look at the Newsgroups section and read though some of the pins such as NewsGroups Guide For GrabIt as you might find what your looking for...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    @Hishighness420

i think what u just wrote goes against the entire concept of bt... u see, bt is so fast because it has been designed in a totally different system than say emule.

you want a p2p that is as fast as bt and still has a huge searchable db with lots of sources at any given time? and you want complete anonymity while at it?

dream on man, thats not going to happen

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    he basically would want a faster kazaa or something from what i understood
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Hishighness420's Avatar 1337 h4x0r
    I don't really care what protocol it uses as long as it's fast, anonymous, and decentralized.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    BT is pretty much as good as it gets... Yes, you can argue Newsgroups are beter- but they are not free.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    oh well...i like bittorrent how it is now and if it would change it would lose it's charm
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Hishighness420's Avatar 1337 h4x0r
    Yeah, nothin like the constant threat of legal harrassment.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    nizrulesall's Avatar SuFis Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hishighness420 View Post
    Yeah, nothin like the constant threat of legal harrassment.
    maybe you shouldnt dl torrents if you are worried about it constantly

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nizrulesall View Post
    maybe you shouldnt dl torrents if you are worried about it constantly
    no doubt. maybe actually buying the media/programs would be a better idea, if you're so worried about being caught. I've been downloading from bittorrent sites since 2003 and haven't received one dmca warning letter, or been worried about being caught. sure it could happen, but I'm not sitting around stressing about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast