Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, im tryin to keep my torrent ratios up.....

so how come when i finish a download(utorrent) it seeds but, theres no action. is it because no1 wants the file or what?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yes, maby there are no leechers and therefor nobody downloading from you or maby you are not connectable. Just wait, you will get leechers evntually...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ok thats what i figured, harsh times keeps uploading but miami vice dvd(from another private does shittle) so just leave em open huh?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If you have the disk space and want/need the upload then yes. also, it depends on what your max upload speed is and how many torrents you need to max it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    speed test say d/l is 6mbps... u/l is a shitty 44kbps. i can usually max with 1 torrent(of course). i just dont want my ratios to suk because of comcast's dumb upload restrictons. andof course i can never reach my max d/l cause of my weak u/l... ne advice?
    Last edited by ram82082; 11-16-2006 at 10:25 PM. Reason: add-on

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    well, the whole idea of torrent is that you give back atleast as much as you take, so the upload speed controls how much you can take, if you can kep it running 24/7, then you get the most out of it. if you want to download more than that, you have to use something where you only take and dont have to give, like ftp servers or something like that

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i generally let my comp run 4 2-3 days b4 rebooting, then i start my torrent prog n continue. but im new to utorrent(damn private trackers blocked my old prog) and was just wondering why some files dont upload, which you explained. Hey i c your flag... how come some peers have ntl IP's but are located in the US? I'd love to get a 10mbps connection

thx 4 your help too

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082 View Post
    Hey i c your flag... how come some peers have ntl IP's but are located in the US? I'd love to get a 10mbps connection
    hmm, not getting this part, ntl? meaning the netherlands?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ntl... the isp over there, they offer 10mb connections

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by ram82082
    ntl... the isp over there, they offer 10mb connections
    try opening and forwarding your ports

the key to a good ratio on any private tracker is patience and limiting how much you download

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast