Thread: Firefox losing preferences and image save problems

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I've found Firefox looses most preference settings everytime I restart my computer.

This isn't a massive problem but it means I loose things like the homepage settings and custom settings in extensions (which means these need to be set after every reboot ).

I think this is partially linked to the windows scan disk which runs often when I restart my computer (mostly I think this is because I simply turn off the computer via it's power button rather than choosing shut down within Windows) and does things like truncating files and dealing with cross linking (not sure what either of those really mean but it does seem to target areas of Firefox and other programs which store preferences).

I'm also unable to save any image within Firefox. Choosing "save image as" opens the dialogue box to select where the file is downloaded to. Clicking save closes this box and the image is not downloaded (the download manager doesn't appear either).

Any ideas on how to go about fixing either of these problems?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Stop using the fucking power button to shut down , that's just wrong . When you shut down Windows properly it saves programs in memory so that's maybe your problem .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Stop using the fucking power button to shut down , that's just wrong . When you shut down Windows properly it saves programs in memory so that's maybe your problem .
    Exactly. No respect.

About the second problem... Try uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling the latest version.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 11-18-2006 at 02:19 AM.