Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got a hernia!

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Everything was going so well and I was thinking I'm so lucky to have such a trouble free pregnancy and then out of the blue I have a hernia

The Dr has refered me to the hospital to see an Obstetrician (whatever the hell that is) but because the NHS is rubbish I won't get the appointment through for about 4 weeks! AND to make matters worse I've got to have more blood tests in 2 weeks to check my iron levels.

.....and my midwife is rubbish

This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. Lounge   -   #2
    pics?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    you cant see a hernia

4. Lounge   -   #4
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

5. Lounge   -   #5
    :"(

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Depending on how bad it is and where it is, my guess is they may not do anything about it until after the baby is born.
    That said would it affect your pushing abilities when the time comes. Did they tell you anything or that you may require a c-section? If so would they do it at the same time? Or are they leaving all that info to the Obstetrician
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-17-2006 at 10:55 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

8. Lounge   -   #8
    I've been diagnosing myself all night via google and I've decided that depending on where it is in relation to the pubic tubercle its either a inguinal or femoral hernia. They kinda hinted that if I need surgery they may have to do it all at the same time but i'm trying to pretend that I didn't get their hintage, as I always find that burying ones head in the sand is much the best way of dealing with scariness :

for the record, Google images of femoral hernias should have an 18+ rating, esp the ones involving cadavas(sp)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    http://www.hernia.org/preg.html recommends that you shouldn't have a hernia during pregnancy

from what I've heard though they are not unusual in pregnancies and not an excuse to start worrying like a crazy woman

.. you will need to have loads of rest and stuff though ^_^

10. Lounge   -   #10
    no secks and no pear drops for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast