Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any musicians on here?

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!

Question Mark

Hey just wondered if there are any musicians on here. Just to see whatya play and whatya in to really.
    Danny

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    yea mate ive played guitar for 7 years own 3 guitars and 2 bass guitars just bought a new ibane good to see some one on here....

3. Music   -   #3
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Im into computer music. Love psytrance

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i have played guitar for about 10 years... I play mostly hardcore/metalcore... stuff like the black dahlia murder, the dillenger escape plan, unearth, and as i lay dying to name a few

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    im looking to buy an esp horizon ... what do you guys think of these? none of that lyd crap...lol

6. Music   -   #6
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
    im looking to buy an esp horizon ... what do you guys think of these? none of that lyd crap...lol
    i know a guy who has a customized horizon and it's pretty damn sweet. i like the way they look a lot.

i've been playing for about 7 years. i jam out to anything rockin, but ya gotta learn the stuff that gets the ladies too. i like mostly metal of all shades tho.

we started a band in high school and played a few parties. one of the sweetest feelings ever. i've been trying to practice as much as possible lately; don't have as much time as i used to.

7. Music   -   #7
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I like teh Panjo.
    But im no Musician.
    Spoiler: Show

8. Music   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Been playing for almost a year now, just started to take lessons (for theory, not playing), he says I've got natural talent. I just started to learn sweep picking and its going pretty damn slow, I think it's the hardest guitar technique but that's just my opinion.

Play pretty much anything that interests me, metal usually though. I gotta thank Lamb of God for getting my picking speed up and I'm hella proud of the fact I could play those songs only 7 months into playing guitar

But now I'm moving onto Nevermore, I've always always wanted to play Nevermore style songs, but never had the technical aspect of it down, not to mention the speed at which they play. Once I've gotten sweeps down, I'll post a video of a few Nevermore songs.

Oh and I just finished learning the solo from Final Product man oh man is that lick sexy, you play that and all the chicks are over you guaranteed lol.

Right now I own:

-Ibanez RG350
    -BC Rich Warlock Bronze
    -BC Rich Warlock Platinum
    -Some old fender rip off guitar that I first started of with (noname brand)
    -King V (Jackson)

and I just ordered the Ibanez RG Prestige 1527 7 string guitar, just for Nevermore

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Music   -   #9
    i've done some rather simple songs using my midi-keyboard. It's fun!

10. Music   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    completely misread the title of this thread.

Yes, I guess I qualify for musician

Still working out the kinks in our songs, we're still looking for a bassist, our vocalist right now has to cover drums too (he's amazing too, been playing drums for many years now, I have no idea why he wants to be the vocalist, total waste of talent in you ask me, but its his choice) but we're auditioning a drummer next week. Can't wait for the next practice cuz I have a few songs and some riffs/ideas I wanna show the rest of the band.

We're hoping to get a demo recorded VERY soon.

As for genre, I honestly don't know what you could label us as, not like I care what we're labeled as but I think most of our influences combined have to be sum up and make us more of a melodic metalcore kind of band, and its only melodic b/c of our rhythm guitarist.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast