Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ratio cheater ?

gustafo's Avatar p2p bi4tch BT Rep: +3
    but if everyone would cheat, who the hell would want to upload?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    a non ratio cheating person who is nice.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    using such a program is not advised. if u get caught, which u will, then ur account will get deleted, ur i.p banned, and the i.p will most likely be passed around between other site admins. u will then find urself banned in most other places too.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    and the i.p will most likely be passed around between other site admins. u will then find urself banned in most other places too.
    i wish it would be like that, sites cooperating with each other, weeding out those cheaters, but unfortunately its not like this, its more like every site on its own.

the best thing to do would be if a list of blacklisted ips was created who should be available publicly, at all times accessible to all the sites' staff, and permanently updated by them. it should go down like this: ip - site who banned it - reason of ban.

but its a loooong way ahead until that will happen, and site's staff are often self-absorbed, haughty bastards

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by syD
    i wish it would be like that, sites cooperating with each other, weeding out those cheaters, but unfortunately its not like this
    it is for a couple of bittorrent trackers

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Ratio cheating is pointless, what do you accomplish? So you dont have to seed back a torrent. Oh oh I have a 20 k upload I cant see back. Bullcrap, I had dialup before highspeed. Dial up I used for small program files and music, slowest of all and yet I seeded. Then I moved on to 10 k upload. There is no excuse. But to these guys its all me and not anyone else.

As for sites working together, I know a few that are starting to do that

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    dont cheat if you value your acct

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Don't cheat...if you love your wife!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It's true that you should never been a ratio cheater. However, the thing is as a trader or member who is giving invite out to other by seeing their ratio proof. How do you know if he is a ratio cheater ? so that we can avoid of being disable from the trackers for inviting a cheater to their sites. I guess we just can't and take chances.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ;o BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi Pheo
    so that we can avoid of being disable from the trackers for inviting a cheater to their sites. I guess we just can't and take chances.
    pretty much

that is sort of my invite policy with my sct invites, except that i do not want to take any chances at all

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast