Thread: Calling Belgium Mobile from UK

gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hey people i am trying to call a friend of mine that is in Belgium.... . He has two phones which and are on Virgin and Orange network. I have tried to ring both via phone card. I have looked on the net and found no leads and if anyone has a way to call please let me know asap!!!!!
    Apparently there are area codes for different cities and he is in Ypres for the night if it helps.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Assuming his phone works abroad, you just dial the code for belgium and then his number I think.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Tried that but it does not work.....and texting is the only method that looks like it works.....

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    You probably drop the first digit of his number.

For example, some UK Orange numbers begin 079...
    However, to dial a UK Orange number from outside the UK you dial +4479... (replace the + with the local code for international calls, or simply use the + if you are calling from a mobile).

This is an internationally recognised standard so it should work almost anywhere, and it certainly works in Belgium.

You have to use city codes for all land line calls, but mobile phones in Belgium have operator codes just as in the UK.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Im gonna see if this works!!!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    If he doesn't have any credit on his phone you won't be able to get through though.

And if it's just a mobile number from the UK you just dial as you normally would.

It's only if you're calling a mobile subscribed with a Belgian network that you need to dial the country code

e.g

7. Lounge   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    If he doesn't have any credit on his phone you won't be able to get through though.

And if it's just a mobile number from the UK you just dial as you normally would.

It's only if you're calling a mobile subscribed with a Belgian network that you need to dial the country code
    Good point. I just assumed he was calling someone with a Belgian mobile.

If it's a UK mobile then it could even be barred from receiving calls while he's out of the country. And if he hasn't switched it off since leaving the UK then it probably isn't in roaming mode so it isn't going to work that way either.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yeah i was able to ring direct from my mobile to his and it did not work before and he said his phone was on all the time. Bizzare.......although its all good now.