Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: "Kramer" Is A Fucking Bitch

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

How is that a much better clip?

It's the aftermath on David Letterman.
    It's the same clip as you posted, but I can actually see it. The one on the site you linked was blurry as hell.
    Hmmm I saw David Letterman and now it's been removed.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Why was someone secretly filming him anyway,was it some kind of set up.
    Isn't it illegal to film performers at theses places, :

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    nrfuller's Avatar Member
    The letterman apology was almost more painful to watch than the actual incident.

Who uses the term "afro-american" anymore?
    "It'll be a great day when the schools have to hold a bake sale to buy bombs."

4. Lounge   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Yes, they are, which is to say that in the context of black-on-black, use of the word is illegitimate, whether you as a black man do it or not.

You doing it and being "okay" with it does not make it right, and being black does not entitle you to some lame-ass proprietary claim to it's use.

Further, I would extend the same caveat to the habit of black men of using the terms "bitch" (and it's vernacular variations, such as "biatch) and "ho" to refer to their women.
    Person A calls Person B out of their name and Person B is cool with it.

Person A and B don't a give a fuck what you think nor would they care if their speech was legitimized by you. It's legitimized by them and that's all that matters since it's their convo.

Bitch and ho aren't just used by black men. It's probably safe to say you haven't the slightest idea what black men call their women. Citing some references in the media doesn't make it a "black men habit".

Maybe you should let this subject pass by your radar. You are starting to sound like the clueless guy right now.

The way one talks to another has to do with exactly who they are talking to. I couldn't talk to your wife the way you do. I couldn't scold your daughter.

I could also call my friends motherfucker and they not be offended. Could you do the same? No, you'd get your ass kicked.

Would your argument be, "Well Busy called you a motherfucker so I'm entitled tooooo."

Fuck no.

You know it makes sense.

edit: FYI: Ho's are cumbuckets (and nothing more) and bitches are well....women that are assholes.
    I though the term in question was "nigger".

If the word is presumed offensive due to it's historical context (and it is, isn't it?), then why is it okay for blacks to use but not whites?

Use of the term incites and evokes offense among blacks when used by whites, right?

Suppose you were in a restaurant and just around the corner, out of your sight, but certainly within earshot, you hear a voice say, "That nigger is a fool", and several other like comments in a way that doesn't indicate any sense of propriety or place.

What do you do?

Keep in mind, this is a generic voice - could be whitey, but maybe not.

Are you gonna step up on a brother and break up his "convo"?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #35

Person A calls Person B out of their name and Person B is cool with it.

Person A and B don't a give a fuck what you think nor would they care if their speech was legitimized by you. It's legitimized by them and that's all that matters since it's their convo.

Bitch and ho aren't just used by black men. It's probably safe to say you haven't the slightest idea what black men call their women. Citing some references in the media doesn't make it a "black men habit".

Maybe you should let this subject pass by your radar. You are starting to sound like the clueless guy right now.

The way one talks to another has to do with exactly who they are talking to. I couldn't talk to your wife the way you do. I couldn't scold your daughter.

I could also call my friends motherfucker and they not be offended. Could you do the same? No, you'd get your ass kicked.

Would your argument be, "Well Busy called you a motherfucker so I'm entitled tooooo."

Fuck no.

You know it makes sense.

edit: FYI: Ho's are cumbuckets (and nothing more) and bitches are well....women that are assholes.

If the word is presumed offensive due to it's historical context (and it is, isn't it?), then why is it okay for blacks to use but not whites?

Use of the term incites and evokes offense among blacks when used by whites, right?

Suppose you were in a restaurant and just around the corner, out of your sight, but certainly within earshot, you hear a voice say, "That nigger is a fool", and several other like comments in a way that doesn't indicate any sense of propriety or place.

What do you do?

What the hell? What "brother"?

In this historical context did blacks persecute blacks cos of their skin?

Is it ok for me to talk to your wife anywhichaway I feel?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nrfuller View Post
    The letterman apology was almost more painful to watch than the actual incident.

Who uses the term "afro-american" anymore?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Afro is a hairstyle.

Tbh, I don't like the term African-American either.

I ain't from Africa. Maybe, even with the inclusion of Pangea Theory, it can be determined that all humans started in what is now Africa, but it doesn't quite work out to call everyone African-American.

7. Lounge   -   #37

What do you do?

Is it or is it not your position that you would be righteously offended (to the point of trying to "kick someone's ass") by a white person using a term which is in no way offensive if uttered by a black person?

BTW-

Why don't you do yourself proud and answer my question plainly?

If you do, I promise to be as effusive in praising you as you were with me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #38

Is it or is it not your position that you would be righteously offended (to the point of trying to "kick someone's ass") by a white person using a term which is in no way offensive if uttered by a black person?

BTW-

Why don't you do yourself proud and answer my question plainly?

If you do, I promise to be as effusive in praising you as you were with me.
    I have no problem with plainly answering questions....save the brother shit though.

That is not my position, btw. Save the praise. It's not my thing.

Do yourself proud and ask questions plainly to get answers in kind.

9. Lounge   -   #39

Suppose you were in a restaurant, and just around the corner, out of your sight, but certainly within earshot, you hear a voice say, "That nigger is a fool", and several other like comments in a way that doesn't indicate any sense of propriety or place.

What do you do?

I have no problem with plainly answering questions....

Do yourself proud and ask questions plainly to get answers in kind.
    Hmmm.

In reviewing, I see your dilemma.

The intricate/arcane/nuanced wording of my questions must have you, um........flummoxed.

Never mind, then.

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #40
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Sure but the talk around "the watercooler" at work doesn't have these hecklers made out to be victims at all. In fact I haven't heard such a thing (I'm sure it might be out there....somewhere).

The consensus around people I know is basically, "Kramer can kiss my ass, the motherfucker." The hecklers aren't a second thought.

Furthermore, heckling does not give a comedian carte blanche to say whateverthefuck. A comedian must remember that he is ultimately there to entertain and that he might not just grossly offend hecklers but others in the audience (and viewers of the recording ).

Kramer obviously didn't realize that those hecklers weren't just two black people in a sea of KKK audience members.
    Just heard that the two hecklers have asked him to meet with them and a retired judge so they can discuss possible compensation for pain and suffering, and if he refuses they are threatening to take him to court for the damages

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast