Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: "Kramer" Is A Fucking Bitch

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    A Couple of "N Words" Walk into a Comedy Club

So, Michael Richards gets heckled, has a meltdown, calls some guys niggers, gives a detailing of a forked-based lynching (?), then gets the public flogging he deserves as he crawls around looking for absolution.

And that's all as it should be.

But a query: what exactly do you call a couple of black guys who go to a public place where people paid money to enjoy themselves and who then begin to yell and scream at the person on stage who is trying to do his job?

As an ex-stand up, I can tell you that a comedy club isn't a place you go looking to get the abuse you just can't seem to find in daily life. The stage is a performer's domain. You protect that domain. You are not on stage to take what's given just 'cause you're getting paid. If you are attacked, you retaliate. If you can be high minded and pithy with your retribution, bravo. But if necessary, if you need to be brutal, such is the nature of things. You go for a heckler's weakness - physical failings, appearances, or stereotypes. Such as; the stereotype of SOME blacks who are unable to be demure in public. SOME blacks who are oblivious to a code of conduct.

Some would call such individuals niggers.

Clearly, do to so in this PC-ified age - even in a comedy club, even after having been attacked - is to risk one's career.

Comparisons have been made to Richards and Mel Gibson, but I don't fully entertain them. When Gibson lost his mind - or made his true id evident - he was driving drunk. And when law officers charged with protecting the public attempted to do their job Gibson let loose with an unprovoked tirade.

Richards was on stage, practicing his craft in a professional setting, when he was chided to the point he could stand no more. Should he have found a better way to express his displeasure?

Absolutely.

But that cannot obfuscate the fact that if these "gentlemen" had merely kept their mouths shut and enjoyed the show - or, failing that, quietly made their way to an exit - no one would have said a word to them. Yet, now, after inciting the incident, they have the audacity to play the victim; act as though they are completely oblivious as to why - WHY - someone would "out of the blue" call them the dreaded "N Word" (and please don't get me started on how the Caucasian-dominate media makes matters worse by unilaterally deciding for blacks that nigger is forever a hurtful word).

These couple of guys, who have become poster-children for racial insensitivity with the rapidity of the rise of a teen pop queen, are not innocent blacks who were smeared merely for the color of their skin. They are loud-mouthed smart-alecks who were looking for trouble. And trouble once found, they and their paternalistic coddlers seek a group hug from the rest of us when really they are in need of a spanking and a lesson in manners.

No, I'll save my sympathy for some real victims. Not a couple of "N words" who walked into a comedy club.
    done.
    Another good point.

Hey, if calling someone "nigger" is bad for some, it should be bad for all, yes?

Or are we gonna fuck around with the meaning of the word "equality", too?

If black-on-black use of the word is okay, then other contexts are legitimate as well.

In the real world, where I live, blacks are not special, they are regular people, and I can do them no better than to treat them that way.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    that teh h4rsh.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

3. Lounge   -   #23
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    truth is he picked the first difference he noticed between him and the heckler. if they were fat he would have gone on about them being fat. if they were a woman he would have picked at that. the painful thing is that he couldn't just come out and say that on telly

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    an interesting take on the whole thing imo.

Could a white guy post that opinion?
    Sure but the talk around "the watercooler" at work doesn't have these hecklers made out to be victims at all. In fact I haven't heard such a thing (I'm sure it might be out there....somewhere).

The consensus around people I know is basically, "Kramer can kiss my ass, the motherfucker." The hecklers aren't a second thought.

Furthermore, heckling does not give a comedian carte blanche to say whateverthefuck. A comedian must remember that he is ultimately there to entertain and that he might not just grossly offend hecklers but others in the audience (and viewers of the recording ).

Kramer obviously didn't realize that those hecklers weren't just two black people in a sea of KKK audience members.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post

done.
    Another good point.

Hey, if calling someone "nigger" is bad for some, it should be bad for all, yes?

If black-on-black use of the word is okay, then other contexts are legitimate as well.
    No it isn't.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Another good point.

No it isn't.
    Yes, they are, which is to say that in the context of black-on-black, use of the word is illegitimate, whether you as a black man do it or not.

You doing it and being "okay" with it does not make it right, and being black does not entitle you to some lame-ass proprietary claim to it's use.

Further, I would extend the same caveat to the habit of black men of using the terms "bitch" (and it's vernacular variations, such as "biatch) and "ho" to refer to their women.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #27

No it isn't.
    Yes, they are, which is to say that in the context of black-on-black, use of the word is illegitimate, whether you as a black man do it or not.

You doing it and being "okay" with it does not make it right, and being black does not entitle you to some lame-ass proprietary claim to it's use.

Further, I would extend the same caveat to the habit of black men of using the terms "bitch" (and it's vernacular variations, such as "biatch) and "ho" to refer to their women.
    Person A calls Person B out of their name and Person B is cool with it.

Person A and B don't a give a fuck what you think nor would they care if their speech was legitimized by you. It's legitimized by them and that's all that matters since it's their convo.

Bitch and ho aren't just used by black men. It's probably safe to say you haven't the slightest idea what black men call their women. Citing some references in the media doesn't make it a "black men habit".

Maybe you should let this subject pass by your radar. You are starting to sound like the clueless guy right now.

The way one talks to another has to do with exactly who they are talking to. I couldn't talk to your wife the way you do. I couldn't scold your daughter.

I could also call my friends motherfucker and they not be offended. Could you do the same? No, you'd get your ass kicked.

Would your argument be, "Well Busy called you a motherfucker so I'm entitled tooooo."

Fuck no.

You know it makes sense.

edit: FYI: Ho's are cumbuckets (and nothing more) and bitches are well....women that are assholes.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-22-2006 at 04:01 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

Person A calls Person B out of their name and Person B is cool with it.

Person A and B don't a give a fuck what you think nor would they care if their speech was legitimized by you. It's legitimized by them and that's all that matters since it's their convo.

Bitch and ho aren't just used by black men. It's probably safe to say you haven't the slightest idea what black men call their women. Citing some references in the media doesn't make it a "black men habit".

Maybe you should let this subject pass by your radar. You are starting to sound like the clueless guy right now.

The way one talks to another has to do with exactly who they are talking to. I couldn't talk to your wife the way you do. I couldn't scold your daughter.

I could also call my friends motherfucker and they not be offended. Could you do the same? No, you'd get your ass kicked.

Would your argument be, "Well Busy called you a motherfucker so I'm entitled tooooo."

Fuck no.

You know it makes sense.

edit: FYI: Ho's are cumbuckets (and nothing more) and bitches are well....women that are assholes.
    saying that though. can't you see that this kramer guy was only trying to be as offensive as possible to this one, or few people? the other audience members were really just the third party

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    A much better clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4

I think the above clip pretty much sums it up tbh.
    How is that a much better clip?

It's the aftermath on David Letterman.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    A much better clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4

I think the above clip pretty much sums it up tbh.
    How is that a much better clip?

It's the aftermath on David Letterman.
    It's the same clip as you posted, but I can actually see it. The one on the site you linked was blurry as hell.

yo

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast