Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian Music

CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Brazilian Music - Bossa Nova, Forro, Musica Popular Brasileira (MPB), Pagode, Samba, Tropicalia......just to name a few types of the wonderful music from Brazil.

I love it all ! ! !

With talented and diverse artists such as Jorge Ben, Gal Costa, Gilberto Gil, Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Marisa Monte, Vinicius De Moraes, Clara Nunes, Baden Powell, and Caetano Veloso (just to name a few), it's easy to fall in love with the music.

Are there any other fans of this incredible music? Please tell me I am not alone.

Tchau! (Goodbye / See-Ya Later in Portuguese - Brazil's language)

2. Music   -   #2
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Yeah is not bad... i downloaded some from a nice guy in Soulseek.
    Think you liked him he had lots of brazilian stuff....

3. Music   -   #3
    I love South American music, especially Brazilian. Have you heard of Bebel Gilberto? Her father is João Gilberto, her mother is the singer Miúcha, and her uncle (Miúcha's brother) is Chico Buarque de Holanda. She's amazing. Check out the record "Tanto Tempo".

If you find any good berimbau music (the instrument that sounds like a thick elastic being struck by a stick or rattle) let me know please. It's used a lot in Capoeira.

4. Music   -   #4
    I love South American music, especially Brazilian. Have you heard of Bebel Gilberto? Her father is João Gilberto, her mother is the singer Miúcha, and her uncle (Miúcha's brother) is Chico Buarque de Holanda. She's amazing. Check out the record "Tanto Tempo".
    Yes, that is a wonderful album.....one of many in my collection. Being in that particular bloodline shows in her music.

Do you practice Capoeira? Or just a spectator? I'll keep an eye out for some Berimbau tunes.

Yeah is not bad... i downloaded some from a nice guy in Soulseek.
    Think you liked him he had lots of brazilian stuff....
    Glad to see there are at least three Brazilian Music fans in here.......I think people should give it a listen - then they will know what they are missing.

Tchau!

5. Music   -   #5
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@14 May 2003 - 05:53

Do you practice Capoeira? Or just a spectator? I'll keep an eye out for some Berimbau tunes.

I know a little, but love the art. I've been meaning to really study it for a while for a few years, but haven't found the time yet - I'm hoping to this summer. I actually have a berimbau, and can play decently, but love to listen to good players. I need to learn more traditional rhythms and arrangements though. If you dig Capoeira and berimbau you should check out the movie "Only The Strong". Awesome music and fight/spar scenes.

6. Music   -   #6
    I guess we don't have many 'Romantics' here in Musicworld, or we would have seen more replies to this topic.

Let me tell you, Brazilian music is THE most romantic music there is - in every respect. The rhythm, the lyrics.....it's all just incredible.

If you ever need some 'mood' music for who knows what - you have to give it a try.....you will NOT be sorry, in fact, my prediction is you will be well rewarded for your effort.

I just wanted to throw that out there for you all.

Tchau!

7. Music   -   #7
    I just remembered one of my favorite Brazilian artists that I haven't listened to in ages - digging him out now. Have you heard of Egberto Gismonti? One of the best guitar players of all time - amazing Brazilian feel with just the right touches of jazz - bonito!

8. Music   -   #8
    I just remembered one of my favorite Brazilian artists that I haven't listened to in ages - digging him out now. Have you heard of Egberto Gismonti? One of the best guitar players of all time - amazing Brazilian feel with just the right touches of jazz - bonito
    Sounds great, tianup - I have to admit, I have never heard of him......but now you have made me curious!

Now for the big question - Since you are such a music lover - Are you using SoulSeek? If not, why not?

Go Read This Post to find out how to get SoulSeek setup.

Tchau!

9. Music   -   #9
    Cool - I've been meaning to get set up for a while. To be honest, I haven't really dl'd anything in months. I run a recording studio, and use this PC for everything, so I uninstall most unneccesary programs when in heavy session mode. When I get a bit of time (maybe next week) I'll get set-up again, and try SoulSeek. I just popped into the forum to see what was going on a few days ago, and have gotten caught up in some fun threads.

10. Music   -   #10
    Does Sepultura count? Though they are first and foremost a death metal band they integrate elements from Brazillian music. "Roots" Is probobly their most ethnic sounding release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast