Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone Please Tell Me What To Use To Convert File

I know youve heard it all b4... what program to use to convert avis /mpegs/and divx to burnable dvd that i can watch in my regular DVD player..
    I had Sonic dvd but it sux because it would blow up a file that should fit on a DVD [only 90minutes] and turn it to 6 gigs

I was told to use Nero , but Nero is mentioning I need it authoring software to write from a file...and though I think I have it I cant unlock it....do i need a new version of Nerovision or is there something I dont know...
    Thanx again

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    FST Retiree
    go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com and look around there. they have alot of information regarding this subject. also, try reading the faq's before posting. theres a section in there.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by TYLER DURDEN@13 May 2003 - 19:08
    I know youve heard it all b4... what program to use to convert avis /mpegs/and divx to burnable dvd that i can watch in my regular DVD player..
    I had Sonic dvd but it sux because it would blow up a file that should fit on a DVD [only 90minutes] and turn it to 6 gigs
    I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to burn a movie to a CD-R that will play in your machine? Or are you burning it to a DVD-R instead?
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    DVD R I just need to know either what program or what version of NERO VISION [and serial #[?] to get that can convert my mpeg/divx/avi... to be burned on DVD to work in a dvd player

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Well if you are going from mpg,avi,divx or any other format TO dvd, then you'll need to convert first. There is no easy way around this. TMPGEnc is the program you want, though others are available too. However, if you are going to burn it to a DVD-R, why not wait until the movie has been released, then do a direct copy. That way you'll get full DVD quality. B)
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    also vcd help is your friend.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    okay dude...new problem...I have 14 days and am hungry for serial...hint hint... the one i had didnt work for me...and when I went to convert, I got the same type of problem as before ... It claimed i couldnt convert because whatever I was converting was larger than 3 hours when in fact it isnt even 2...
    [could a lacck of hardisc space cause this error]

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Very Large Member
    I use DVD Movie Factory 2 by ULead.It takes longer than tmpgenc but its a lot easier.Just leave it running overnight and it will convert and burn ready for the morning.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    but it isnt nearly as clear though right...will someone feed me serial

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I have a movie that tmpeg is saying is almost 5 hours long ...meanwhile its not even 2..wtf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast