Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Poisoned Spy?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    This just keeps getting bigger and stranger...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,233578,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I only feel sorry for the innocent people caught up in this. The spies know the risks when taking on the job. The whole thing, at the moment, revolves around Litvinenko. How many killings has he carried out in his time as a spy?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    skllbob's Avatar Member
    Interesting link j2k4, thanks for posting that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I only feel sorry for the innocent people caught up in this. The spies know the risks when taking on the job. The whole thing, at the moment, revolves around Litvinenko. How many killings has he carried out in his time as a spy?
    Maybe none, Bob.

It does indeed seem that whomever is responsible used techniques that could best be described as scattershot.

I'm hearing other reports that say "several family members" (of Litvinenko's? Others?) also show traces of the Polonium 210, with no mention of what this bodes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by skllbob View Post
    Interesting link j2k4, thanks for posting that.
    'Twas nothing, nothing at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    The more this 'goes on' I am starting to have the feeling maybe he was carrying the Pollonium to harm someone else. It is just my training. Looking at all possibilities.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    The more this 'goes on' I am starting to have the feeling maybe he was carrying the Pollonium to harm someone else. It is just my training. Looking at all possibilities.
    A possibility, true.

Makes me wonder, if he was carrying it, whether or not he was aware of the fact?

He may have been compromised without his knowledge...could account for the "scattershot" aspect, and be a very telling (and unique!) tell-tale about his movements once the story broke.

Yet another possibility, eh?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    I just hope that we dont invade Pollonium. After all they may have more Large Intercontinental Explosive Stocks.

Note the avoidance of using another acronym.
    Last edited by bigboab; 12-02-2006 at 06:37 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Well done.

Good to see your government carrying the ball, BTW, and I hope, apart from the anticipated involvement of our Eff Bee Eye, that we can avoid the imminent international brouhaha. Ha.

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345