Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone else have the Nintendo Wii

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    If I was to get Wii it would be for the game Sadness
    http://wii.ign.com/objects/816/816122.html
    But I'm in no hurry for a new system, I have my XBox 360 and Lego Starwars2 lol

2. Games   -   #22
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    I'm pretty happy with the Wii. I could see how some hardcore gamers might not find it appealing but I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I have Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas and COD 3 sitting here, and what am I playing? Zelda, Twilight Princess. It doesn't have the best graphics but it does have what Nintendo was always good at... a rich story, colorful characters and excellent gaming. You just can't go wrong with Nintendo no matter how childish the games might seem.

3. Games   -   #23
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the Wii. I could see how some hardcore gamers might not find it appealing but I consider myself a hardcore gamer. I have Gears of War, Rainbow Six: Vegas and COD 3 sitting here, and what am I playing? Zelda, Twilight Princess. It doesn't have the best graphics but it does have what Nintendo was always good at... a rich story, colorful characters and excellent gaming. You just can't go wrong with Nintendo no matter how childish the games might seem.
    I think you can.

For the investment, the amount of decent games that came out for the Gamecube was paltry. Even if the GC was $100 and PS2 was $300, the PS2 was a better investment.

Now I'm gonna play Zelda now that I beat GOW (very short game btw )

4. Games   -   #24
    [quote=Busyman™;1577381]
    Quote Originally Posted by shalinor View Post
    Wii Sports may be fun as all get out but I'll gladly pop in Gears Of War over it.

Zelda: TP is nice but the graphics are seriously underwhelming. It's like a new Zelda for the Gamecube.
    On the controller thing - Gamecube controls had no concept of "pointing" or gesturing or any of that. I'm sure you could rig a path that would let you hook up a wiimote and such to a gamecube, but I seriously doubt the backend that drives their input recognition would be able to leverage it terribly well - never mind what other games would do with the new style of input. It might plain break them, without a console smart enough to at least not allow that input to get to unsupported games. Never mind it's just better marketting to repackage it... the public would ignore a new add-on for an old console, but a new console with a new controller (no matter if it's only a marginal upgrade from their old console) is seen as this entirely different concept.

The graphics, well, we'll see (I don't mind them, but I've never been terribly picky about polygon counts)... as you say, the Wii will need innovative games to succeed. But that said, the XBox 360 or PS3 would also do incredibly well with an entire library of innovative titles, so it's kind of an empty statement - it boils down to whether or not the new input scheme allows for gaming sufficiently more fun as to ignore whatever the Wii lacks compared to the others. So far, people seem to be digging it as "secondary" console, which is great - it doesn't need to directly compete, it does something different.
    Last edited by shalinor; 12-05-2006 at 07:00 PM.

5. Games   -   #25
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Cool

I have to agree with busyman, on this one, Wii I feel is more party system.

Also i'm not into this having to wave my arms around. Thumb and finger, not wrist and arm, I think is how he so eloquently put it

I'm looking for a new console system, and my last foray into this market was a PS2, which was ok, but I gladly sold it on aboot a year later.

So now it's either get 360 (HD, good interweb, Gears of War), which is looking yummier every month, or save now for PS3 later......

Sorry, but after playing on a mates Wii, while it was a good laugh, I just like a more gadged out stylee of gaming none of this having to move pish!

Anyway that's probably more an indictment on me being fat and lazy, but I don't think it's for me..

6. Games   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    The wii actually looks like its more fun than any of the next-gen consoles. I've got to get it and zelda of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123