Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gears Of War Story

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post

Yeah, pretty similar reaction here - I was expecting the Berserker to bust through the wall... when he busted through the columns it was an "oh fuck!" moment.

Good game, good graphics, but waaaaaay to short.
    Fuck. I hate when a great is too short. I would have played on Insane but you have to beat it on another difficulty first.

So I'm playing on Casual.

I do the same with Tekken. I set it for 1 round just beat everybody and get all the extra characters first then bump up the difficulty.

I think I'm going to beat GOW this weekend and start playing folk on XBL maybe next weekend.
    Deathmatches have got to be great.

Anyone know if M$ is trying to buy Epic.
    Yeah, took Jonno and I about 10 hours on Casual mode the first time through. Trying insane mode now... that should be more interesting.

2. Games   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!

Fuck. I hate when a great is too short. I would have played on Insane but you have to beat it on another difficulty first.

So I'm playing on Casual.

I do the same with Tekken. I set it for 1 round just beat everybody and get all the extra characters first then bump up the difficulty.

I think I'm going to beat GOW this weekend and start playing folk on XBL maybe next weekend.
    Deathmatches have got to be great.

Anyone know if M$ is trying to buy Epic.

Yeah, took Jonno and I about 10 hours on Casual mode the first time through. Trying insane mode now... that should be more interesting.

Hmmm....10 hours on Co-op and Casual. That's not too bad.

Are you on XBL?

If so, what's your Gamertag?
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-30-2006 at 04:33 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?

Are you on XBL?

Not on co-op - it was mostly Jon playing - I can't play games for long stretches, I get bored of playing.

Not on XBL at the moment, although I think the package I bought gives me 3 months free or something.

4. Games   -   #14

Are you on XBL?

Not on co-op - it was mostly Jon playing - I can't play games for long stretches 'cause I'm no good at them
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    Not on XBL at the moment, although I think the package I bought gives me 3 months free or something.
    Post your Gamertag when you get on. XBL is quite fun with the right games.

You might wanna check out M$s wireless nic also.

5. Games   -   #15
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I'm now playing it through on Insane and it is much harder although I found that by the time I finished it on casual I still hadn't really got to grips 100% with the controls (showing how short the game is lol) but have now, so not finding it quite as hard as I first thought it would be. Much more interesting on insane though, with normal or failed reload with the chainsaw gun you can expect to pretty much empty a clip into a locust at close range before he drops and wretches are quicker and take a bit more to kill.
    Gotta say though, I love the Boomers...........BOOM!

Advice: Learn the perfect reload well, you ARE going to need it in insane mode as a perfect reload with the sniper rifle will take down a locust in 1 shot to anywhere on the body as opposed to 4.
    Also learn how to effectivly close Emergence Holes.

Advice for final boss: Ignore online walkthroughs about the Torque bow and sniper rifle method, go with Grenades and Chainsaw gun, I'll say no more

Overall a good game, best looking game to date, a few glitches and as Nik said......waaaaaaaayyyyy way way too short.

And she is a competant player, she's just not really into tatic warfare games such as this. She likes to run round blowing shit up ala Ratchet Deadlocked.

Jonno

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    I'm now playing it through on Insane and it is much harder although I found that by the time I finished it on casual I still hadn't really got to grips 100% with the controls (showing how short the game is lol) but have now, so not finding it quite as hard as I first thought it would be. Much more interesting on insane though, with normal or failed reload with the chainsaw gun you can expect to pretty much empty a clip into a locust at close range before he drops and wretches are quicker and take a bit more to kill.
    Gotta say though, I love the Boomers...........BOOM!

Advice: Learn the perfect reload well, you ARE going to need it in insane mode as a perfect reload with the sniper rifle will take down a locust in 1 shot to anywhere on the body as opposed to 4.
    Also learn how to effectivly close Emergence Holes.

I haven't even tried the perfect reload (I know about it). I do know how to plug Emergence Holes..........a grenade.

Advice for final boss: Ignore online walkthroughs about the Torque bow and sniper rifle method, go with Grenades and Chainsaw gun, I'll say no more

I hate using cheat or Gamefaqs unless I'm completely stuck.

Overall a good game, best looking game to date, a few glitches and as Nik said......waaaaaaaayyyyy way way too short.

Speaking of stuck, I got stuck in a wall, and had to quit once but that was the only time.

And she is a competant player, she's just not really into tatic warfare games such as this. She likes to run round blowing shit up ala Ratchet Deadlocked.

Jonno
    Suuuuure, defend your woman.

7. Games   -   #17
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!

I haven't even tried the perfect reload (I know about it). I do know how to plug Emergence Holes..........a grenade.
    Yes I figured you knew how to plug a hole I guess what I meant was learn tactically how to do it and learn that you need to asap.

I hate using cheat or Gamefaqs unless I'm completely stuck.
    Yep me too and usually when I do give in and check how to do something I find out I was right in the first place and it's just hard and takes a while. The advice I gave you isn't a "How to" as such, it's more of a pointer of the most effective weaponry to use, you still have to figure out the tactic which is the hard and skillful part.

Speaking of stuck, I got stuck in a wall, and had to quit once but that was the only time.
    Yeah like I said, it's not without it's glitches, there's a part where a boomer and a couple of wretches come down in an caged elevator, I cut them to shit before the door opened and part of the boomers head was stuck in the wall going spacky ala F.E.A.R.

Suuuuure, defend your woman.
    Of course
    But I do state fact so

Jonno

8. Games   -   #18
    Interesting news:

The only knock I had on GOW was it's length.

Well now the PC version is getting 5 new single player levels.

Remember the Brumak? Well you get to fight the motherfucker.

I always thought it odd that the only time you see the Brumak is in a cutscene.

GOW for the PC....I'm getting it. Helluva game that will be worth playing yet again.

Imagine the mods for it.

9. Games   -   #19
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    From the content that is being added it looks like they are doing a decent PC conversion rather than a half-assed attempt that some companies do. Could be good.

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    From the content that is being added it looks like they are doing a decent PC conversion rather than a half-assed attempt that some companies do. Could be good.
    Yeah the Unreal Engine had PC origins anyway. I can't see this being a bad conversion.

5 more levels is a lot plus add in the level editor plus add in that game will look better (with a very good gfx card) than the 360 version. The Xbox version was already amazing looking.

This is making me really pressed to get an entertainment PC up and working.
    If I could play Crysis, GOW PC, and more on my basement TV, I'd be very happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast