Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gears Of War Story

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    While I was playing GOW I got to the part where the Berserker was lurking. Two friends are watching me play.

At this stage, after making it inside a building, there's a cutscene that shows a hulking Locust (the Berserker) in chains walking in front of two Locust handlers. It smells us, kills the handlers and starts sniffing around.

One guy in my crew tells us to be very quiet, another guy flips out (some expendable dude), runs around the corner and the Berserker rips him to shreds (you can see it in a shadow).

So me and Dom (one of my crew) run away to lure the Berserker outside away from everyone else. Conventional weapons won't kill it so I have to use a gun called the Hammer Of Dawn that only works outside cuz it actually just marks the target for a satellite beam.

So me and Dom are sneaking around then BOOM the Berserker busts through a wall. I haul ass (Dom just walks around aimlessly and the Berserker ignores him ) into the next room and the Berserker gets a bead on me and then charges me. I have to get her (it's a she) to smash through a door matador/bull stylee.

I jump outta the way and it smashes the door. I run back the way I came a little cuz the Berserker is blocking the door and I wanna matador her again so she is outta the way.

I'm standing behind a column (there are numerous ones in the room) and the motherfucking Berserker runs at me smashing all the columns in a line then kills me.

One of the fellas got so caught up watching the game that he said, "OH SHIIT!", jumped straight up outta his chair, busted his head on the basement ceiling, landed and broke the chair.

We were crying laughing!

True story.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 11-27-2006 at 12:42 AM.

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    LMFAO welcome to the club hahaha

something similiar happened to me and a buddy of mine.

We played co-op, and when we got to that part we fucking freaked like little school girls hahaha

I was like HOLY SHIT and just booked it, my friend panicked big time and ran into a wall (in the game). Then while we were trying to lure it into smashing the door we were having a difficult time, adn then we both ran behind one of the columns and the motherfucker came smashing through the columns, we both threw our controllers on the floor, which in turn knoced a pop can over, which in turn spilled on my friends foot, and he got freaked out (didn't know what it was) and ran straight into the wall right of the sofa (in real life this time).

Gears of war is the shit.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 11-27-2006 at 01:15 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Gears OF war Rules , The best levals are the one in teh dark

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post
    Gears OF war Rules , The best levals are the one in teh dark

playing it co-op is so much fun like the ones where you're in the city trying to get to the car, personally i love it when you go underground into like the caverns and stuff w/ that yellow glowing stuff, that part of the game is insane.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Yup , i agree , and also near the end where there is an assault on the house , playing that part is fun

6. Games   -   #6
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Do you have very low ceilings, or is your friend a giant?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Games   -   #7
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

lol well i thought most basements were low but that is in my area where i live lol.

I plan to get a xbox 360 now for this game and table tennis and few others i never wanted one but some games that are coming out for the xobx 360 seem really good and fun

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz808 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post

lol well i thought most basements were low but that is in my area where i live lol.

I plan to get a xbox 360 now for this game and table tennis and few others i never wanted one but some games that are coming out for the xobx 360 seem really good and fun
    Yup, most games are multi-platform so w/e PS3 has xbox360 has. Don't forget Halo3 lol

9. Games   -   #9
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    While I was playing GOW I got to the part where the Berserker was lurking. Two friends are watching me play.

At this stage, after making it inside a building, there's a cutscene that shows a hulking Locust (the Berserker) in chains walking in front of two Locust handlers. It smells us, kills the handlers and starts sniffing around.

One guy in my crew tells us to be very quiet, another guy flips out (some expendable dude), runs around the corner and the Berserker rips him to shreds (you can see it in a shadow).

So me and Dom (one of my crew) run away to lure the Berserker outside away from everyone else. Conventional weapons won't kill it so I have to use a gun called the Hammer Of Dawn that only works outside cuz it actually just marks the target for a satellite beam.

So me and Dom are sneaking around then BOOM the Berserker busts through a wall. I haul ass (Dom just walks around aimlessly and the Berserker ignores him ) into the next room and the Berserker gets a bead on me and then charges me. I have to get her (it's a she) to smash through a door matador/bull stylee.

I jump outta the way and it smashes the door. I run back the way I came a little cuz the Berserker is blocking the door and I wanna matador her again so she is outta the way.

I'm standing behind a column (there are numerous ones in the room) and the motherfucking Berserker runs at me smashing all the columns in a line then kills me.

One of the fellas got so caught up watching the game that he said, "OH SHIIT!", jumped straight up outta his chair, busted his head on the basement ceiling, landed and broke the chair.

We were crying laughing!

True story.
    Yeah, pretty similar reaction here - I was expecting the Berserker to bust through the wall... when he busted through the columns it was an "oh fuck!" moment.

Good game, good graphics, but waaaaaay to short.

10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

We were crying laughing!

True story.
    Yeah, pretty similar reaction here - I was expecting the Berserker to bust through the wall... when he busted through the columns it was an "oh fuck!" moment.

Good game, good graphics, but waaaaaay to short.
    Fuck. I hate when a great game is too short. I would have played on Insane but you have to beat it on another difficulty first.

So I'm playing on Casual.

I do the same with Tekken. I set it for 1 round just beat everybody and get all the extra characters first then bump up the difficulty.

I think I'm going to beat GOW this weekend and start playing folk on XBL maybe next weekend.
    Deathmatches have got to be great.

Anyone know if M$ is trying to buy Epic.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 07-16-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast