Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Occult Discussions

For the uninitiated few, Occult means hidden, secret or beyond human understanding.
    Whats interesting is that many people hear the word and think, "Devil Worship".
    The Book of Revelations contains Occult Knowlege but not because it speaks of evil.
    The teachings of Jesus were Occult teachings because most people could not truly understand what he was talking about.
    Even today, people are at odds over much of the meaning in the bible.
    Thats why there are so many different denominations.
    Confusion.
    Chaos.
    Satan is the author of confusion.

Hmm...Well...If you want to be technical, the Bible has caused alot of confusion and when two different religious sects debate it, chaos can, and often does, occur.

Lets not be technical here.
    Lets be realistic.

Mankind is falible. We were made that way on purpose, whatever that purpose may be.
    We were not meant to KNOW anything.
    If we were, we would.
    All of us.
    No need for debate.
    So we have to be satisfied with Belief.
    Here's mine,

A God who could create a universe would not need a book to explain his existance.
    Nor would he care if his creation believed he existed.
    That would be vanity and I don't believe God is vain.
    So the book was mankind's creation as an attempt to explain the unexplainable.
    To those who say the Bible was inspired by God...Yes...You are correct.
    It was most certainly inspired by God. There can be no debate.
    Just as several Robin Williams scripts were inspired by Shakespeare.
    But Shakespeare didn't write the scripts, and he didn't tell Robin what to write.
    Occult means hidden.
    Most often, that means we hide ourselves from it.
    The veil that rests across some peoples eyes, is self inflicted due to their own fear.
    Fear of what?
    Fear of finding out that what they were led to believe their whole lives, was a lie.
    Its not easy to give up the reality you've grown comfortable with.
    Some people would rather kill the messenger than listen to his words.
    Look at what happened to Jesus.
    You are not so innocent yourself.

Peace

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Very interesting topic - loosely linked to bookworld through your reference of the bible, huh? I will wait a bit before I reply I think.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by tianup@13 May 2003 - 22:28
    Very interesting topic - loosely linked to bookworld through your reference of the bible, huh? I will wait a bit before I reply I think.
    Actually, there is an abundance of books on various occult subjects.
    The Bible is just the one I started off with because its one of the more prominent ones and pretty much the only one that its followers will defend violently at times.
    So many people are so intent on learning this hidden knowlege that no-one can learn.
    I find myself occasionally going the route of Eclesiastes in my thoughts.
    At the end of his book, he says that writing books and studying is a weariness of the flesh.
    He sums everything up by saying that the only real duty of man is to love God and keep his commandments.

Of course, I prefer the Tibetan philosophy that we get what our souls desire. If we live in misery, it's because our souls need misery.
    Something that person needs to learn.
    I see people who get a stubbed toe and whimper for a week about it, and people suffering manngled limbs who can laugh through the pain.
    I do not feel sorry for either one.
    Any more than I expect anyone to feel sorry for me.
    That doesn't help my soul.
    I guess I realized that eventually and thats when I changed.

The Tibetans realize something that is touched in the Bible quite often, but most christians fail to fully understand.
    This body is only going to last until the day I die.
    It is only a vessel for my soul to travel in in this lifetime.
    It is only a means for me to experience life.
    It is not me, nor does it define me.
    I will not waste my life worrying about it.

Peace

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I think:

LIFE is!
    GOD is a name we gave it.
    The Bible is a very nice story book written by some smart people.
    Believe whatever you want, but respect everything that lives and grows.
    All life feels pain! Remember that!

Just respect IT!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+14 May 2003 - 11:23--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 14 May 2003 - 11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tianup@13 May 2003 - 22:28
    Very interesting topic - loosely linked to bookworld through your reference of the bible, huh?&nbsp; I will wait a bit before I reply I think.
    Actually, there is an abundance of books on various occult subjects.

[/b][/quote]
    Dude, I have a whole library of books on the occult. I was referring to the reason why this is posted in bookworld. B)

You&#39;ve made some interesting points, but I have to say that ShareActor has put it best for what I agree with (not that I disagree with your statements).

Life IS. Whether you believe it was created by God or Buddha or Brigid is really irrelevant. We all know there is something magical and unexplainable about our lives and our world, and as humans, seem to have an irrepressible need to give it a name and make everyone else believe in it. So we make up our figurehead and rules and write a book about it, and now we can fight with other people who believe in the same thing, but call it by a different name and have a different face and rules for it. The real problem isn&#39;t even so much this, as the fact that people seem to have to look outside to books and other people to find their beliefs (this has been cultivated of course), instead of looking inside themselves, which is the ONLY place you will ever find it.

I personally believe in everything. I think that if you believe in anything strongly enough, then it exists, at least for you. I believe that everything is connected, and that the spiritual power of humans is virtually untapped, because we have been taught to have faith in everything but ourselves. I may sound like a hippie (maybe I am?&#33;? ), but I believe that our existence is about three things; Love, Peace, and Joy. You could probably throw a little Survival in there too . There are fundamental laws of the universe that we all know in our hearts and souls, but choose to ignore. You can call it karma or retribution or whatever you want, but any negative energy you put out there will come back to you in some form, the same as positive energy. That&#39;s just the way it is.

Anyway, I&#39;ve also experienced things that people generally don&#39;t believe in, and they&#39;ve all been positive experiences - ghosts, spontaneous regression, astral travelling, etc.. I think this is because I&#39;m not afraid of them, and I think that is the key. If you can unabashedly embrace your life and all you true instincts (follow your heart/gut) then you will undoubtedly live an incredible life that you can feel good about when your time is up.

@ne1GotZardoz - you also said [QUOTE]The Bible is just the one I started off with because its one of the more prominent ones and pretty much the only one that its followers will defend violently at times. [QUOTE]

Everything else you&#39;ve said sounds well researched and correct but this. Have you heard of the Koran? Many wars have been fought over books, especially religious - but you are correct in that the bible is definitely the most prominent.

Based on this discussion, I&#39;m also curious as to how you feel about death.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Life is difficult, even for the healthy, wealthy and wise.
    We created religions as painkillers, to ease this burden.
    Everything will be alright in the end, see it says so right here.

When we die, we are dead.
    Our "spirit" is nothing more than a complex of charged synapses storing lifes data.

As a single molecule of wood is not a chair, the arrangement and aggregation of billions of these molecules is. A unique propery is created, not possessed by the individual components. This is how the brain relates to the mind.

When the plug is pulled, the system discharges into randomness.
    We are no more, in spirit or in flesh.

So we are left with: Life IS, treat it well.

I envy those who truly believe in their religions,
    those who can listen to criticism and contradiction about what they hold true,
    and simply smile sadly and lower their heads mourning your fate.

For the rest of us, well, we drink beer.

Analogy of mind/brain stolen from Jean Paul Sartre- I couldn&#39;t think of my own on the fly .
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by hobbes@14 May 2003 - 20:07
    Everything will be alright in the end, see it says so right here.<snip>

So we are left with: Life IS, treat it well.<snip>

Cheers, hobbes. Well said. Though I agree about almost everything you&#39;ve said, your take on death ignores any accounting for the unsolicited (or solicited) extra-spiritual experiences that some people have - you don&#39;t sound like someone who discounts these entirely. Just curious.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by tianup+14 May 2003 - 21:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tianup @ 14 May 2003 - 21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--hobbes@14 May 2003 - 20:07
    Everything will be alright in the end, see it says so right here.<snip>

So we are left with: Life IS, treat it well.<snip>

Cheers, hobbes. Well said. Though I agree about almost everything you&#39;ve said, your take on death ignores any accounting for the unsolicited (or solicited) extra-spiritual experiences that some people have - you don&#39;t sound like someone who discounts these entirely. Just curious. [/b][/quote]
    Do you have an example for me? Then I can ponder it and respond. For now, I am going to live life....poolside. Cheers.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    [quote]Originally posted by tianup@14 May 2003 - 13:13
    @ne1GotZardoz - you also said [QUOTE]The Bible is just the one I started off with because its one of the more prominent ones and pretty much the only one that its followers will defend violently at times.

Everything else you&#39;ve said sounds well researched and correct but this. Have you heard of the Koran? Many wars have been fought over books, especially religious - but you are correct in that the bible is definitely the most prominent.

Based on this discussion, I&#39;m also curious as to how you feel about death.
    Honestly I don&#39;t know what I was thinking when I wrote that part.
    After I had posted it, I reallized my goof but I had to get my son and myself ready to head out the door. I think I had my mind on the Crusades at that point.

As to you question about my take on death...Well, my mom died almost 3 years ago now, and about a year and a half ago, I found out that I have emphasema, which put me in a good position to verify my feelings on death and they are this:

I miss my mom. There is an emptiness where she once was.
    I visit her grave for the benifit of my son only.
    She is not there and never was.
    Only the ashes of her mortal shell.
    As for my recognition of my own mortality, we are all going to die.
    What is the Hell Raisers motto? Born to Die?
    I see people every day who expend so much of their energy, time and money on youth products.
    Things to keep them alive longer, things to make them look younger.
    In the end, the only things that will matter are how you made others feel and how you felt yourself.
    I just don&#39;t see how someone who lives in constant fear of growing old and dieing can be happy with themselves.
    It seems like a self defeating mind frame and I will have nothing of it.
    I enjoy my life, my time, my son.
    I teach him to enjoy himself but never at the expense of others.
    I hope he&#39;ll live seriously but not too seriously that he misses the whole point of life.
    Its a simple one really.

To live.

Or were you asking about my feelings of after-death?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    ShareActor, your a witch.....you just dont know it

In the true meaning of the word, not the &#39;evil hag&#39;, &#39;devil worshipper&#39; meaning put about by most orthodox religions.

Witch means &#39;wise&#39; and was originaly a priest/priestess of Wicca; a Pagan religion revolving around nature.

PS

I dont mean the current &#39;Wicca&#39; fad going around the US.

These days Wicca has been corrupted by certain &#39;sects&#39; that claim a lot, and then publish things like &#39;The Book of Shadows&#39;........which just goes to show that nothing is pure anymore

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast