Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are freebies trades?

Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I am wondering, regarding the trusted traders list, I have noticed that quite a few people get many votes because of free invites they give, is that fair? I often see somebody get two or three votes on the same page but the one getting the votes dosnt vote back so it has to be because of freebies. I think people should only get votes when they trade, that is get invites/accounts for other invites/accounts.

Sure, people that give free invites are very nice but trades are trades and freebies are...another thing. It is also possible that scammers climb up the list handing out free invites and when they are trusted they scam people for really valuable invites/accounts.

Scammers or not, I think that people that are on the trusted traders list should be there because of trades they make, not because of freebies, because if this continues the list will be full with people with 10+ not really "deserving" that rating...

So I really want to know, do you think that freebies deserve +1 on the trusted traders list
    Last edited by Panther; 11-28-2006 at 10:50 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not really unless they both agree on it....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I would think that a member that just gives a invite out of kindness is probably a better person then one that is denying users that might be good members an invite just because the the person receiving an invite don't have what that person needs.

So I say give them a +2 since they gave it away for free and as you say the invitee might not post on that list since its a freebie, not sure how this could be done at moment but its my 2c.

But this is not to say that I approve trading or giving invites to just anyone and especially if sites rules are broken in the process.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Its a trade of trust with an invite you can say that!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    So you think its fair I can hand out bunch of TL invites and all of a sudden I am a very trusted TRADER

As I said, giving freebies is very kind and good to the community but I dont think its trading...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    See your looking at it the wrong way.....don't give it out to random people give it to those who have some form of proof that they can be good members. Therefore in a sense you have asked for something ie minimum requirements as it happens to be called.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I didnt mean that I do that, just that someone could do it and therefor become trusted. I try to give them to people that have the potential of being good members... But here I am talking about this list. I always check it if I am making a trade and I just want it to be as exact as possible

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1
    Panther, you are absolutely right. i also have noticed a lot of people giving +1's to those who are kindly tossing invites to them without a trade being involved. while i'm glad others are giving away to the community, that is NOT what that thread is for and because of the way it has turned out i don't consider it helpful at all. out of all of the people in the list there are probably only a handfull of people who acquired all their points from trades. those are the kind of people that i trust, not someone who tosses a few useless torrentleech & demonoid invites and expects to get their way to the top by simply doing that... but since the thread isn't organized in a way to differentiate between tossers and traders i really don't know who's who.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    In a sense your right but then again you should know who the trusty traders are.....because they are the ones who are always on forums and stuff.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    mags23's Avatar Canadian Bastard BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    So Panther, why don't you create a new system where people trading higher-rated trackers (SyD's list, or create your own) get more points? That way, jerks who just give away their TL/Demonoid/TD/etc get less than those strategic geniuses who hoard away Snowtigers for a rainy day when it suddenly becomes popular? Or maybe, give negative points toward those who lose in deals, such as those who will part with TB/KG/etc just because they can? That way, those who win in trades will be the best traders ever!

Can you smell the sarcasm?

I think people who give away trades for nothing rule, and deserve to be rewarded as such. I wish I were more like that, but I'm too mistrusting.
    "I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill"
    - Warren Zevon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast