Thread: how to change dual language files?

Question Mark

i have a movie file that is is titled Frankenstein and the monster from hell, 1974 dual spa-eng dvdrip. how do i get rid of the spanish file, and have it play in english? i want to burn the file too.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What file format is used?

If it's a DVD then you can use DVD Shrink or CloneDVD2 to remove language tracks.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it's says dvdrip

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jadine37 View Post
    it's says dvdrip
    Good. So what's the filetype? As in at the end of the filename there's a dot and usually 3 letters (.avi, .mov, .mpg or .vob etc.)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    it's .xvid... sorry it took so long.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well there must be software that you can use to edit .xvid directly but I don't know any myself.

I would convert it to DVD using Vso DivXToDVD or ConvertXtoDVD then use DVD Shrink to unselect the language track that you don't want then burn it to a DVD.

I'm sure other members can suggest different ways...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok. thank you

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    DISABLED PRIVS
    thnx

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Xvid is actually avi so you could change the extention from .xvid to .avi then load the file into Virtual Dub Mod (get the aud-x enabled one if you can find it and install aud-x too, both are free). Then after opening the video, set the video section to Direct Stream so no reencoding will be done to the video part and under the Audio choose the audio you wish to keep and disable the others (to find the right one you can save as wave each in turn and play them to check the language). Finally under "File" select "Save as" and give it a name other than the original so you can keep the original intact until your satisfied with the new one. Virtual Dub does not like VBR Audio and will warn you about it when you load the video (which is a good thing since VBR audio can go out of sync when converting to DvD). If thats the case, when you find the correct audio and save it as wav, import the saved wave back in, disable the rest and convert the wav to mp3 or ac3 (Full Processing) with a right click on the audio to bring up its menu. Check the result for sync. Virtual Dub is a really handy tool and can reset sync on its own as well using the interleaving function in the audio section (right click the audio). It works by setting "delay audio by" to the appropriate number, -1000 or 1000 = 1 second one way or the other and other numbers correspond to the approprate seconds, 1250 = 1 and 1/4 sec, 500 is a half sec ect.. The cool thing about interleaving is its available even with both Audio and Video are set to Direct Stream so its really fast to get a new file and you can repeatedly over write the file until the sound is right on. I like to save the wave, disable all audio and save just the video alone (direct stream of course) to a file named test.avi, then when I open the test file and import the wave file to it, from the main window at the bottom I can play the file and check the sync right there before saving and make adjustments as necessary.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 11-30-2006 at 11:19 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    i had used virtualdubmod, and you are right it did work. but then the output file was out of sync. so now i am trying to fix it. i am really confused on how to do this.