Thread: ports?

alright i have a question about my ports? im a beginer and am usin azeruas(thinking of switching to utorrent) and want to make sure that my ports are open and am getting the best out of my downloads and uploads. iv used the azeraus test port option it says its open , got the green smily face during downloads , and my downloads download. Sooo do i need to do anything else more advanced or are these outcomes suitable? The hole port thing seems kinda of advance to me so im not sure wether or not there is anything more i should do or not. I have azeraus in beginer mode and any help is appreciated and hoped to be simplified ty

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan57 View Post
    alright i have a question about my ports? im a beginer and am usin azeruas(thinking of switching to utorrent) and want to make sure that my ports are open and am getting the best out of my downloads and uploads. iv used the azeraus test port option it says its open , got the green smily face during downloads , and my downloads download. Sooo do i need to do anything else more advanced or are these outcomes suitable? The hole port thing seems kinda of advance to me so im not sure wether or not there is anything more i should do or not. I have azeraus in beginer mode and any help is appreciated and hoped to be simplified ty
    IT's working fine so no need to fiddle with it.

Why do you want to change to utorrent?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    If you want to learn about Port Forwarding check the link below and they even have a section on how to forward your ports on your router/modem depending on what program you are trying to use.

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 11-29-2006 at 08:22 AM. Reason: fixed link