Thread: Printer running costs colour laser v ink jet ?

Hi Guys

I am wanting to buy a new colour pinter to print some monthly fliers,

Does any one know if it is any cheaper running a colour laser printer say one of the new low end Brother or HP ones compared to a colour ink jet printer.

Are there any blogs or sites where you can comment or compare printer models from users point of view NOT manufacturers page yields etc which are totally erroneous in my opinion.

Kind Regards

Digby

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just a quick thought have a google for "CISS systems" a guy at work was looking into these...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've got an OKI C3100, had it for about 18 months now.

Initial costs are probably slightly more than the ones you are thinking about but so far the running cost have been zero, and I expect that to stay the same way for a while yet.

Only problem is that it is only "windows" compatible. If I had my time again, I'd make sure I got one that had linux drivers too, so that may be something you might like to think about.

Mine is a single pass printer.

The disadvantage is that it is large and heavy. Ideally I need over 2 metres end to end (including flat feed and delivery space) to operate it properly.

The advantages are that it is fast (20ppm mono, 16ppm colour) and the print quality is brilliant - glossy photo quality on plain paper/card if I select the highest settings.

Unless something even better comes out there's absolutely no chance that I'd choose any other printing system.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.