Thread: How To I Encode A Avi Film To Vcd?

Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    I have just downlaoded the ~"Mr deeds film" I have also jsut bought a dvd player and i want to convert
    the film to be able to play on it. I have used that tempc program but for some reason when i convert it to mpg
    the file was 2.20Gb a part (2 parts) this wont fit on a 700mb cd. how will i convert a avi file and play
    it on my dvd player?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    That is correct! 2.20Gb is how much DIVX or XVID compression is. You'd need to split that file and sacrifice some quality to make it it fit on to 2 VCD disks. Anything less will yield poor quality.

I haven't done it yet, takes too much time to try to make it work. Usually the audio and video will be out of sync. Can take up to 12 or even 24 hours to convert.

So far, it ain't worth the effort.

If you have TV output, then you can use a VHS tape and copy directly from PC to VCR.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    i hav'nt go a link sorry m8 ,but u can find all the info and full how-to-do guides at

vcdhelp.com

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    Can some on give me the Gudie to the one i need plz

And how much Quilty do u think will it take off?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    In America, you need to convert that AVI to a MPEG-1 at 325X240 NTSC. In Europe, you have to use PAL instead of NTSC.

Now you have a huge 2.20GB movie. You need to split that correctly with software (that I have no idea what to use, since I gave up on this project years ago). Split it into 4 files with correct MPEG-1 format then burn 4 VCD disks from those. Use NERO or ROXIO. Both make VCDs. I like NERO, because you can create titles and menus.

Chances are, your file will never convert correctly due to the unstable nature of DIVX or XVID compression. There will be errors or lack of bites for it to work. If it does work, the chances are that your audio will be way off.

A lot of programs will do the job, but will save the converted files as two seperate files. One audio, the other video. Then you have to join them together.

It is all a pain in the ass. Its going to take several days for you to re-rip the AVI to VCD.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Here is the guide...

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

Don't worry about the size of the file. As long as it's in mpeg format and it's less than 80 minutes of video, it'll fit on a standard 700MB disc.