Thread: Symantec announces security products for Vista

frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    Symantec Corp. has announced security products for Vista including beta versions of the Norton range of Anti-Virus products for consumers and a production version for enterprise clients.

Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.2 is designed to provide automatic defence and response against viruses and spyware/adware for the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system and has been redesigned to make specific use of the new Vista architecture, according to Symantec.

"Businesses deploying Windows Vista are offered new opportunities but are also faced with potential security, availability, performance, and compliance risks," said Jeremy Burton, group president, Enterprise Security and Data Management, Symantec. "Symantec uniquely provides businesses of all sizes best-of-breed, Windows Vista-compatible software that helps mitigate IT risk."

Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition 10.2 includes Symantec Client Security 3.1, providing antivirus and antispyware for client systems on the Windows Vista platform. Symantec Client Security 3.1 integrates antivirus, antispyware, firewall, and intrusion prevention technologies under a single console.

Symantec also announced the availability of public beta versions of Norton Internet Security 2007 and Norton AntiVirus 2007 compatible with the upcoming consumer release of Windows Vista. Beta versions of Vista compatible Norton Internet Security 2007 and Norton AntiVirus 2007 are available for public download at http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...beta/index.jsp

"As we near the consumer Vista release scheduled for January 2007, we want to reassure our more than 50 million active users that our leading PC security products will be available from day one to protect their PCs from today's evolving online threats," said Rowan Trollope, vice president, Consumer Engineering, Symantec. "With the beta release of Vista compatible versions of Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security, users of the latest Windows operating system will be able to completely secure their computers with the award-winning Norton products from Symantec."

----------------------------------------
    thought they were moaning they couldn't fully protect on vista.

Source: http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/7660/53/

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why not just allow users of Symantec to Download files to update their versions ? I guess its all about the Benjamins , make you buy a new version .

I may try my version of Symantec Client Security Corp 3.1 to see if it works .

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Ugh! Anti-Virus software is a joke...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Why not just allow users of Symantec to Download files to update their versions ? I guess its all about the Benjamins , make you buy a new version .

I may try my version of Symantec Client Security Corp 3.1 to see if it works .
    They've been doing that for years. A new product each year that's basically the same product as the previous version with maybe a few added features and fancier eye candy (Making it more and more resource hungry).

Even worse is that they have the nerve to limit the use to 1 year. Even Microsoft doesn't do that (yet).

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I hope I get a new, even longer bargepole for Christmas.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    frizshizzle's Avatar now paranoid. BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I hope I get a new, even longer bargepole for Christmas.
    if you do screw it on to your last bargepole then try pole vaulting over your house.