Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Love and Religion

Poster
    here is the situation guys , there is a boy and a girl , from differnt religions , they love each other then their life, they really do , and the only thing that is the obstacle is the parents, they have accepted each others religion ,it doesnt bother them that their from a differnt religion , its only there paretns and now the girl is worried . what should the boy say to the girl , what should they do?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Well then that's the parents problem. Once the boy and girl become adults then there is no obstacle other than bad feelings within the family. I think it's sad that some parents would disown their children over such a thing.
    If they are not yet adults and it is indeed true love then they can wait.

Parents will usually want what's best for their children, this isn't always easy. Sometimes what's best for the children isn't what's best for the parents. This sounds like a case of the parents wanting what's best for them.

I say this but my daughters will not be allowed to date until they are 35
    Last edited by vidcc; 12-02-2006 at 05:42 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Its so true , The boys parents can easily accept her , and they wont mind sure it wont be a one hit wonder, itll take time , like a week or two, but the girls paretns are really hot headed. And shez worried sick , so the boy told her to pray and to pray . and who ever is religious here, can you please pray to , the boy really loves the girl , truly does, and the girl loves him too , more then him (thats what she claims lol).

Also any ideas on how they can convice the girls parents? something good,

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    A week or two for what?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone View Post
    There is no magic bullet for such a circumstance, neo.

The only sure thing is trying to be sneaky won't work at all, and her parents will react strongly.

A head-on reasonable approach has the best chance.

Avoid any inclination to deceive or do any sort of fancy-steppin', 'cuz it will not work, I promise.

Good luck.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

The only sure thing is trying to be sneaky won't work at all, and her parents will react strongly.

Avoid any inclination to deceive or do any sort of fancy-steppin', 'cuz it will not work, I promise.

Good luck.
    Yea yea, There not going to do any stupid movie trick , theyll play it honest and truthfully.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Good luck.
    Yea yea, There not going to do any stupid movie trick , theyll play it honest and truthfully.
    Yeah, but what I mean is, don't shrink from it, take matters in hand.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Those Capulet's can be really recalcitrant.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Mum, Dad, Letitia and I are very much in love and there is every chance that we will wed and spend the rest of our lives together. With all of our hearts we wish you to part of that life and the lives of any children God may bless us with. However if you chose not to be part of that life please rest assured that we will still have it. It will be sadder for you not being there but it will happen.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Mum, Dad, Letitia and I are very much in love and there is every chance that we will wed and spend the rest of our lives together. With all of our hearts we wish you to part of that life and the lives of any children God may bless us with. However if you chose not to be part of that life please rest assured that we will still have it. It will be sadder for you not being there but it will happen.
    Amazing Man ima forward that to them.

And Yea LOL capulets, it is much very like Romeo and Juiliet, well i hope it doesn't end like how that did in this case its two families , who dont hate each other , but the religious differences will start a fight . damn , im not saying religion is bad, but whats the point when it wont give the follower the freedom to love who he/she wants.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast