Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bittorent Client

filephile's Avatar um wat do I put here
    Quote Originally Posted by Suresh4400 View Post
    I'm supposed to have a download speed of 24 mb, but i can only reach 3 mb with uTorrent.
    Does anyone know how I can solve this?
    Thanks in advance.
    don't forget to mind your units. are you getting 3 megabits or megabytes per second? because if you connection is 24mb/s and you are getting 3mB/s that is about exactly right. as a general rule divide your megabits by 8 to get your speed in megabytes.
    24/8 = 3
    of course if you have your units straight then something is probably slowing you down...
    Your Signature:
    [Goes here]

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    no370pan's Avatar Pansonagets
    im using uTorrent 1.6 and work just fine with me compared to Azureus 2.x

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    all clients download as fast as the seeds that send, or ur download capabilities. to say utorrent is slow is just ignorant of the client. its by far the most widely favored client for advanced/knowledgeable users. bitcomet is such an aggressive client, and if everyone used bitcomet, bittorrent would die, very quickly.
    Not true at all. I've tested it with 1 torrent with 200ish seeds 0 peers. On Azureus i maxed out at 575kb/s and it connected and download scaled up way faster than utorrent. With utorrent i maxed out at 525kb/s and it takes alot longer to get up to that speed.

Not to mention in azureus you have the ability to kick/ban peers. No such feature in utorrent. In utorrent if you set your upload speed to less than 6kb/s it will throttle your dl speed to almost nothing(utorrent does this not your modem).

Utorrent connects to whatever number of peers/seeds and will stay connected for a minimum of 5 mins regardless of what the peer does. If that peer sends nothing it will stay connected with just a keep alive or whatever.

The way utorrent manages seeds and peers is horrible compared to bitcomet and azureus. If you ask them for help on the utorrent forums they tell you to go download the open office torrent with 2000 seeds and 1 peer lol, like that really determines anything other than yes your internet works. The real slowness of utorrent comes out when you download a torrent that is not well seeded or has a low number of peers. I could take an avg seed/peer ratio torrent and get 50kb/s in azureus, with utorrent you'll be lucky to see 30kb/s.
    Last edited by Submission; 12-04-2006 at 03:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    NO man! utorrent is numb3r 1! takes no space u can do a lot of things with it!
    and there is no problem reaching my full connection 2.4 MB/s
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12