Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: computer on or off

JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ....I pray for future generations that the amount of greenhouses gases released..will not harm the o-zone layer
    eee

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinenooby View Post
    ....I pray for future generations that the amount of greenhouses gases released..will not harm the o-zone layer
    Na, I think the hole in the o-zone is doing us a favor. I'm all for anything to make someone think of a way to get me off this rock quicker. You want to see the world? I want to see the edge of space....

Pack up my moon boots Ma, we're headed for urAnus!

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    If you have a graphics card I'd advise you don't leave your pc running 24/7 or all night long unless you have a really good cooling system. Even then I wouldn't do it tho. I had a 9800 Pro and fried it by leaving my pc on all night. It cooked so bad parts melted. lol
    Sounds like a case of bad cooling. I have a Pent.3.2 overclocked to 4.0 with a massive Arctic Cooler fan on it. I also have an x850 overclocked with a custom Arctic Cooler device that takes up the slot above the PCI video slot. Combined with 5 HDD's, this provides a nice build up of heat but my system is always a nice 13-14 degrees C idle and about 24-30 degrees C under load. It's all about the cooling, especially if you plan on leaving it on 24/7. I've been running this system non-stop for 2 years now and the only problem I've had was a failed Raptor drive that was probably due to age mixed with 24/7 use and abuse.
    What temp is your room that you can get air cooling to bring the temp down to 13?

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinenooby View Post
    Na, I think the hole in the o-zone is doing us a favor. I'm all for anything to make someone think of a way to get me off this rock quicker. You want to see the world? I want to see the edge of space....

Pack up my moon boots Ma, we're headed for urAnus!
    lmfao. Funny kid you are with big dreams..
    eee

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by killuminati96 View Post
    If you have a graphics card I'd advise you don't leave your pc running 24/7 or all night long unless you have a really good cooling system. Even then I wouldn't do it tho. I had a 9800 Pro and fried it by leaving my pc on all night. It cooked so bad parts melted. lol
    Sounds like a case of bad cooling. I have a Pent.3.2 overclocked to 4.0 with a massive Arctic Cooler fan on it. I also have an x850 overclocked with a custom Arctic Cooler device that takes up the slot above the PCI video slot. Combined with 5 HDD's, this provides a nice build up of heat but my system is always a nice 13-14 degrees C idle and about 24-30 degrees C under load. It's all about the cooling, especially if you plan on leaving it on 24/7. I've been running this system non-stop for 2 years now and the only problem I've had was a failed Raptor drive that was probably due to age mixed with 24/7 use and abuse.
    Sounds interesting, can you make a screen print and post it here?

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    I leave mine on most times as well. I will shut it down occasionally to clean out the junk in RAM, but otherwise I have not had any problems with any of my systems running all the time.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    i left my laptop on all the time. i only reboot when there was an update that requires rebooting. i only turn my pc on when i burn or my wife is using my laptop. =)

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    3 years?

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    I leave mine on 24/7 and the computer and monitor are hooked up to a UPS. If there's a power outage that lasts longer than 30 minutes, it shuts down the PC for me (once in the last 3 years). I do reboot once every 4-6 weeks. The only time it gets a rest is when I go on vacation. Then it gets to visit my grandma who keeps an eye on it so it doesn't get stolen.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Curlz31's Avatar UN &amp;gt; BT
    My computer has run constantly for 3 years. I do the occasional restart and formatting but it's never off for more than a few seconds. I turn off the monitors when not in use. I've had high end video cards in that time and have never had problems.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast