Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why...

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    Is that Lost Patrol?
    Indeed. Did you check the properties?

No, I remember playing it on my friend's Amiga about 15 years ago. As I recall I had wanted to play that game for ages because the magazine adverts made it look like a sweet game, unfortunately the game sucked. That was the last time I was suckered by game hype. Well, except for Rise of the Robots, Hexen, Tiberian Sun, Black & White, The Sims, Doom 3, Fable, Oblivion, Spore, Bioshock, etc.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-04-2006 at 09:34 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Heh that Lost Patrol sucked baws.

Vietcong 2 was the last good game of that kind for me, last bad game was Nam '67.. I don't really like 3rd person shooters at the best of times but this was uber pish.

3. Games   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    vietcong
    battlefield vietnam
    bf1942/bf2 eve of destruction
    conflict vietnam
    shellshock 67 (or something)

4. Games   -   #14
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Vietcong is a decent game based on the Vietnam war imo. There's a few others I can think of but can't names of the top of my head. I remember a team based one that I played for a few minutes but it wasn't that good. Of course, Battlefield Vietnam is another one.

Maybe the fact USA got beat has made it a poor/sore subject for a computer game.
    the team based one is conflict vietnam. you used to be able to have strats by sneaking around and flanking (in conflict desert storm 1&2). then they made the game as linear as you can possibly make a game, so it just turned into a weak 3rd person shooter with a novel way of giving you continues

5. Games   -   #15
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault had the sqaud based controls, I liked that idea a lot, but the game was badly flawed, getting stuck in walls and dozens of downed enemy guns floating 8 feet in the air etc
    Speac Ops on the PSX was good for that but you could control each soldier, I'm guessing Ghost recon is more like that but as yet havn't played it since the GRAW that came with our 360 says "Please insert this disc into an Xbox 360 consol".........for some reason

Jonno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12