Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of "making offers" in the invite section?

hdooga's Avatar ANTI-TRADER BT Rep: +4
    A lot of people post what site they have and then just "make offers...".

What do you think of this behaviour?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Personally I find this very rude and I never make offers to any such thread.

The reason I find it rude is because the person is to lazy to write at least what s/he already has, and instead expects me to fill my pm-box with useless offers that could have been avoided if the person would just list what sites s/he already has.

Anyone else who thinks it is not too much to ask for the OP to at least post what sites s/he has?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hazardous's Avatar Material
    Doesn't bother me, and it shouldn't bother you.

Granted, your point is well made, but why not just ignore those threads then and move on? Nobody says you have to PM them, just wait for a post on that invite that fits your requirements

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenican View Post

Granted, your point is well made, but why not just ignore those threads then and move on? Nobody says you have to PM them, just wait for a post on that invite that fits your requirements
    I currently do, but I would prefer if people would shape up to give me more chances of trades.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Also, not all people might be aware that this is rude.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    R3bel's Avatar AddicT BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I guess i did that before, and now it just doesn't make any sense to me, but Zenican was right, no need to comment just ignore 'em and go on.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by R3bel View Post
    I guess i did that before, and now it just doesn't make any sense to me, but Zenican was right, no need to comment just ignore 'em and go on.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
    Of course I need to comment because it could possibly make the site better. Why would I not comment on it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mags23's Avatar Canadian Bastard BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I'm on the same page as you. I generally ignore them. The few times I did answer, I was met with 'I already have it' or 'I'm looking for something better', or my favorite: "I'm waiting to field more offers so I can pick the best one".

Annoying, but what are ya gonna do? Gotta get those 5-star sites so you can brag to all your friends!
    "I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill"
    - Warren Zevon

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    R3bel's Avatar AddicT BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by hdooga View Post
    Why would I not comment on it?
    of course you are absolutly free to do, but you really don't have to waste energy on every little mistake, adding to this i think that the "making offers" thread is mainly dedicated to the "Making offers" FUNS, so why should i care since the message wasn't necessarily for me?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenican View Post

Well I think you telling others what shouldn't bother them is rude in inself. Yeah honestly it sucks balls but they are making the offer so they get to say it how they want it to go. Just one of the many annoying thing we have to deal with from day to day. Also I can imagine people don't want to give it away too cheaply, they of course want the best possible deal they can get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast