Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Please keep her...please?

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

NO!!!!

I saw her on Fox News for the first time a couple of weeks ago - she is barking mad!
    And
    Fair point well presented.

I am sure Boris Johnstone has a spare room.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    It seems that ms. Paltrow may have been misquoted (wouldn't be the first time someone has been quoted as saying something they didn't).
    So horrible it seems to have happened to her, wouldn't you say?

Such elites are supposed to be immune, or so I've been led to believe.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

And
    Fair point well presented.

I am sure Boris Johnstone has a screw loose.
    Fixed

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

So horrible it seems to have happened to her, wouldn't you say?

I always smile when I hear the "elites" thing. It almost always come from a conservative commentators.
    Is it inferiority complex or jealousy.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    I always smile when I hear the "elites" thing. It almost always come from a conservative commentators.
    Is it inferiority complex or jealousy.
    There's a difference?

Must be a liberal thingie.

Anyhow, "elites" as applicable to such as Barbra Streisand, who has no conservative correspondent.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    Chaps, let's be perfectly honest. She's only telling the truth.
    Hey now JP. I want you to know I noticed this.

But so as to not appear to possess the 'bad side of American psychology'... I will keep quiet about it. Sort of.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    There's a difference?

Must be a liberal thingie.

Anyhow, "elites" as applicable to such as Barbra Streisand, who has no conservative correspondent.
    So someone who has succeeded in the entertainment area but only if they are liberal......a conservative "elite" either doesn't exist or is acceptable.

I was always under the impression that the "American dream", the target, was to achieve success and wealth. Seems that success and wealth are reasons to criticise, despise and demand no opinion ever be uttered. (if it's a liberal opinion)

Where did you get that idea? Nobody should be immune from criticism, but I think it's cheating to make things up.
    All too often when a celebrity, well know person or just someone with a platform to speak makes a comment that isn't agreed with the habit is to attack and smear the person, instead of responding to the opinion (hannityisms).
    Last edited by vidcc; 12-06-2006 at 01:00 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    So someone who has succeeded in the entertainment area but only if they are liberal......a conservative "elite" either doesn't exist or is acceptable.

I was always under the impression that the "American dream", the target, was to achieve success and wealth. Seems that success and wealth are reasons to criticise, despise and demand no opinion ever be uttered. (if it's a liberal opinion)

Where did you get that idea? Nobody should be immune from criticism, but I think it's cheating to make things up.
    All too often when a celebrity, well know person or just someone with a platform to speak makes a comment that isn't agreed with the habit is to attack and smear the person, instead of responding to the opinion (hannityisms).
    I think events so far militate toward her backtracking, having realized her mis-step, and yes, I do believe there was a mis-step.

You, on the other hand, are so concerned with defending the poor little liberal lady you've swallowed whole her proffer the original interview never even happened.

More on point, I couldn't care less about her opinion, apart from noting my distaste for those (anyone) who retreat to a far shore in order to throw their stones, secure in the knowledge they do so from friendly confines.

A really "tough" liberal (to coin a term) could do it stateside.

BTW-

"Elite" equates rather well with "superior", the attitude she exudes so smugly.

I will grant that not all elites are liberal, but aver nonetheless that they exist in a proportion proximate to that existing between Arabs and terrorists, currently.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Wow, all this fuss over someone giving her honest opinion!

Lucky the American press didn't pick up on her comment that British men have bigger dicks than American men, and make better lovers.

It's also strange that her comments a few months ago, that the only way American women can have an orgasm is to masturbate or find a foreign lover, weren't picked up either.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Lucky the American press didn't pick up on her comment that British men have bigger dicks than American men, and make better lovers.
    She didn't say that.

She's misguided, not blind, insensate, and daft.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast