Thread: I have a windows server

Poster BT Rep: +1
    which I use for live broadcasts at night.
    At home, I can only upload 50kbs.
    Would it be a lot faster if I downloaded Azureus to my windows server and left that on for a couple hours a day?
    I guess if I did 5-10gigs my ISP might see and would probably ban me?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    For me it depends on how much bandwidth I use up. Im only allowed 30gb/month but a normal month for me is about 200gb. That 200gb mark is when they usually send me a email saying ive exceeded my limit. Ive gotten many emails about my excesive usage and im still going here.
    Depends on the ISP.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Just do it all through your windows server. Download azureas and seed like mad on that!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Just use the server for seeding Would help you with faster upload speeds more than likely depending on the line speeds. Just remember to now go over your monthly bw limits if its a metered line or you will be billed for additional bw usage.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    n00b BT Rep: +2
    --
    Last edited by fred861; 11-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    I also use a server with utorrent and it works amazing. i have a 100mbit line on the box with no meter limit. on oink i was able to get almost 100 gigs in a week without uploading anything of my own lol.

But yea use the box to seed and download from the box that is what i do.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dvhrld View Post
    Im only allowed 30gb/month but a normal month for me is about 200gb. That 200gb mark is when they usually send me a email saying ive exceeded my limit. Ive gotten many emails about my excesive usage and im still going here.
    Just out of curiosity, who is your ISP?