Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about making FST invite.

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i dont think its a good idea, but i do like the more than 5 post idea! should be more like 25-50 if you ask me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    This is never going to happen.. why do you suppose the Admin would want to restrict the traffic to his site by making it invite only ? Sounds like a silly thing to do, especially when there is not a single benifit by doing so..

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Music Fascist BT Rep: +1
    no, the whole point of this forum is so people can get started on private sites. its a really bad idea, most of the sites im on have invite threads anyway for powerusers

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Flip RepresenT BT Rep: +5
    ha I would have hated if a forum regarding torrent invites etc are invites only ....... been trying so hard to get into certain big name torrentsites with no success and this is definately the best way to start

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    the idea is not bad, but it take a lot of work. i think the beneifits is not big. the only true is there will be less scammers.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The thing that could be added is those meeting criteria at FST could invite members into the invite section allowing them to bypass the wait time. The criteria would have to be high like a member for 90 days with 100 posts and have a 10+ rating. This could allow known members of the community interact on the site quickly. This would give strong members at FST a spiff or sorts. Think with the right boundaries this could work.

Maybe create threads or a of sub section where those that meet the criteria could invite a new member so that they are tied to them. This links the responsibility of inviting members. If you invite the wront type of member there would be consequences of some type. This way those that invite new members would have to be confident about who they invite.

Anyway Im not sure how well this would work but seems a possibility. From Staff point cant think of any negatives if those doing the invites do it responsibly. Think the members have to think if this is something they want first through a poll perhaps. If the poll showed in favor of this then Staff could debate it and any details if it was to happen.

As for closing the invite section to just invites it has few benefits compared to the negatives. As for increasing the post count it just encourages spam as weve had it set higher in the past...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't think that the wait time should be bypassed completely. Maybe make it just 7 days as opposed to 30 for the "invited" members? I mean, I still maintain that this wait time really encourages the members to browse this site and really get to know this site's members.

However, I think that making an actual invite system would be too complicated. I like reality's idea of making a forum. This way, the inviting would be more personal and more known to the other members. The managers like reality can personally "promote" the invitees.

Of course, all of the above is me conforming and adding onto reality's ideas. If it were entirely up to me, I would think that the invite system would be too complicated and too exclusive. Good intentions, but predictably bad results in practicality.

In fact, I think that the admins should up the postcount req for users to access the invites section ...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    man2069us's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I too think if we can have a section even higher than the invites section it'd be great. One could exchange premium invites without the need of checkin the name on trusted traders and the hassle of confirming ratios. Also if its very limited to only trusted members a lot of cautions such as overuse of ** for site names and a lot of other discussions can go on safely without fear of lurkers. Such a forum can be invite only and only mods invite you to it if they think you are a trusted trader and do some actual community interaction in your posts instead of just posting one-liners or thank yous. Moreover premium invites to sites such as sct or kg can be given out free on threads by people who have all they need and are no more interested in trades. This will also encourage people to be more helpful and elaborate in their posts as they will be motivated towards the premium invie section.

I know too many separate sections and levels sounds like overkill, but fst is kinda unique on the internet in the world of torrent-invite trading and it is almost a hobby for a lot of people here. I think a lot of people here are ready to move on to the next level. And we could actually call the section ... Trusted Traders

Also please check out this suggestion I had made for a section and please do reply on what u think.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bitto...ategory-140159

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Having a seprate section for higher ranking members wasnt my thought. Think that would lower the activity of the regular section. This makes me think a sub section would be looked at the wrong way. The thought was to have a place where members that meet the criteria could invite others into the invite section allowing them to bypass their wait time. Maybe making it 5 days would be better. Now thinking it would be simpler for staff to keep a log of who invites who into the section. The list would be purged at 30 days since the invitee would already have access at that point anyway...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    That's good idea, I'm for it.
    But only trusted traders, example 5+, or even 10+ can invite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast