Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about making FST invite.

Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The trusted trader list is bullshit, and one can't depend on it. None of the people I've actually traded with have added me, yet some of the people who I've given free invites/accounts have. Giving stuff free definitely doesn't count as trusted trading. Therefore, it's not reliable, unless proof of trade is required to add people.

//: My two cents is still that invites still shouldn't be implemented. This wait period has worked so far. The wait&post requirements and scammers list are the two things that make this forum site different from others. They've cut down on scammers, and therefore everybody should serve out their time. It doesn't eliminate them all, but the wait and the harsh consequences of scamming have deterred a significant selection of scammers.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 12-06-2006 at 10:44 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    The trusted trader list is bullshit, and one can't depend on it. None of the people I've actually traded with have added me, yet some of the people who I've given free invites/accounts have. Giving stuff free definitely doesn't count as trusted trading. Therefore, it's not reliable, unless proof of trade is required to add people.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bitto...-trades-139875

//: My two cents is still that invites still shouldn't be implemented. This wait period has worked so far. The wait&post requirements and scammers list are the two things that make this forum site different from others. They've cut down on scammers, and therefore everybody should serve out their time. It doesn't eliminate them all, but the wait and the harsh consequences of scamming have deterred a significant selection of scammers.
    Point well made although if youve been on FST for say 90 days and have 100 posts maybe you should get the benifit of being able to invite somebody you trust into the section. Think they would still have to make 5 posts and be a member for at least 5 days or maybe more. This could improve the section bringing in more quality members. Think those able to invite on the site are quality members and would invite responsibly. Think it best to limit the amount of invites also...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Personally I think this idea of bypassing the wait time is asking for trouble. Once the noobs find out this is in place (as they will) they will pm anyone to invite them in.

The wait time is there to try to get them to become part of the community. I don't think anyone should be allowed to get around that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS
    forums are about the spread of info, an invite system defeats that purpose. Let's keep the invite systems to the trackers and torrent sites

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    taba's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    not a good idea

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Personally I think this idea of bypassing the wait time is asking for trouble. Once the noobs find out this is in place (as they will) they will pm anyone to invite them in.
    This is strong point also...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123