Thread: Temporary contracts are teh suck.

CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    I find out tomorrow, (at least I think it's tomorrow) whether I get kept on by my company after the "Christmas Cull". We each get taken into a little room and told, and although I think I'll be ok, having been there since April, and being pretty awsum at my job, I am really shitting bricks at the thought of possibly having to start again.

Please, everyone cross your fingers, toes, legs, arms, cawks, flaps, tongues, nostrils and ears for me.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I shal have a word with the big chap and you will be fine.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Tell me about it. I started in April, got extended by 3 months and my official last day is 29th December due to restructuring fucking bollocks.

Good luck.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    That sucks, Dan. I hope you manage to find something suitable quickly.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    So do I.

But apprently its slow round Xmas and picks up in the New Year.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Competition's also harsh as all the xmas temps for shops an stuff will also be looking. I just don't want to think about it. I've pretty much done Plymouth's employment scene to death. The only major place I haven't worked is the Dockyard, and I really don't want to go there.

Spose on the bright side you're guaranteed New Years Eve off.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Fuck temp work in a shop over Xmas

I guess I am looking in a refined field for my next job as I want to carry on doing the accounts stuff I have been doing, lots of jobs seem to be about but no one is in a hurry to fill in them.

Luckily I am quite friendly with the lady who runs the local Reed Accountancy branch so i get put forward first for all the ones i am suitable for but it still sort of puts a damper on your Xmas plans knowing that your next pay check is the last one you can guarantee getting.