Thread: My thread was deleted

Angry

Last night I posted an nzb for A.Scanner.Darkly.LIMITED.NTSC.DVDR-SCREAM. I did not include pars because they had not yet been posted. When they were posted to usenet I added them to the thread. But then "towerblocks" posted a new thread with the release with the pars after I had added the pars to my thread. My thread then got deleted.

OK it's not important in the grand scheme of things but I went to the trouble to browse the newsgroup with xnews and create the nzb and posted it here. And I was first to post the nzbs too.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    No offense, but that is what he is supposed to do.

When an NZB is updated like that, the two threads are merged and the duplicate unneeded NZB is truncated.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    No merging took place. My thread was simply deleted and I received no credit for being the original poster.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm sure that Damnatory meant to say:

It would be unusual if Towerblocks did feck up because he is normally so good at helping to maintain that section. Of course, the thread that was posted first should remain so if you did, indeed, post it first without errors and complete with pars, then yours should be reinstated and the duplicate thread removed.

It's only fair.

I'll look into it.

===

Thanks for taking the time to post the nzb, btw. It is much appreciated. Also thanks to everyone else who posts them.

I haven't taken the time to find out how and, as such, just leech
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    One of the problems is that when editing my post I could not find a way to delete the original nzb and replace it with one including pars - so I had to add the pars nzb as an attachment. Obviously this is less tidy than having a post with one single nzb. This creates difficulties when the pars are posted on usenet some time after the main files.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't think that's too much of a problem, tbh.

In any case, it may be an advantage for some as I only ever download the pars if I can't extract the file from the rar due to corruption - and that's only happened maybe three or four times since I started using the nzb section early in the summer.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I don't think that's too much of a problem, tbh.

In any case, it may be an advantage for some as I only ever download the pars if I can't extract the file from the rar due to corruption - and that's only happened maybe three or four times since I started using the nzb section early in the summer.
    Blimey, I have to use the par files about 20% of the time.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Yeah but he's only downloaded 20 files, so that's about right.

Anyway I agree with the thread starter, the board has gone downhill since manker bought it.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Username:
    Withcheese
    Access:
    Registered Member
    Premium Credit:
    31 days
    Downloaded NZBs:
    83 (last 7 days)

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    The two posts were made within eight minutes of each other. About an hour later another mod which wasnt tb noticed the duplicate and removed yours. Might not have noticed the times yet noticed the other was complete. Just a bit of confusion I think. Of course thanks to all who contribute to the site...