Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Bush the worse US President ever?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    edit
    I'm not surprised.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

So tell me, how does the graph relate to the GDP?
    In the edit..... My youngest daughter was sat on my lap and being the active little mischief maker that she is, managed to submit the post before I was finished by banging randomly on the keyboard.....

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

So tell me, how does the graph relate to the GDP?
    In the edit..... My youngest daughter was sat on my lap and being the active little mischief maker that she is, managed to submit the post before I was finished by banging randomly on the keyboard.....
    I have no problem with busyedits.

I do wish you had let Skiz answer first though.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Funny, that.

If OPEC saw the Euro as the best bet, they'd go that way in a heartbeat, but then there's the simple matter of European disunity, isn't there?

It's a simple matter to rattle one's economic sabre, but it only works if "one" is truly "one".

Get back to us on that, will you?

In the meantime, OPEC has to trust something, and that's the U.S. dollar.
    True if Europe was unified, it's economic might would rival the US easily.

The European Constitution went belly up.
    When did that happen and why was I not informed.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

True if Europe was unified, it's economic might would rival the US easily.

The European Constitution went belly up.
    When did that happen and why was I not informed.
    As I recall JP, the French rejected it, maybe some other country too, there was some debate about whether the UK should go ahead with a referendum or not. I'll look it up ....

From Wikipedia ...

The Treaty establishing a Constitution for Europe (TCE), commonly referred to as the European Constitution, was an international treaty intended to create a constitution for the European Union. It was signed in 2004 by representatives of the member states of the Union but was subject to ratification by all member states, two of which subsequently rejected it in referenda. Its main aims were to replace the overlapping set of existing treaties (see Treaties of the European Union) that comprise the Union's current constitution, to codify uniform human rights throughout the EU and to streamline decision-making in what is now a 25-member organisation.

The TCE was signed by representatives of the member states on October 29, 2004, and was in the process of ratification by the member states until, in 2005, French (May 29) and Dutch (June 1) voters rejected the treaty in referenda. The failure of the constitution to win popular support in these countries caused other countries to postpone or halt their ratification procedures, and the Constitution now has a highly uncertain future. Had it been ratified, the treaty would have come into force on November 1, 2006. As of December 2006, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Slovakia, Slovenia and Spain had ratified the constitutional treaty.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Name one president who left office with a lower deficit than when he begun.
    Does the fact that you're from Texas have anything to do with your blind faith in Bush?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    ...if OPEC decided to peg oil to the Euro, as some member states have recommended, the dollar would collapse completely...
    Funny, that.

If OPEC saw the Euro as the best bet, they'd go that way in a heartbeat, but then there's the simple matter of European disunity, isn't there?

It's a simple matter to rattle one's economic sabre, but it only works if "one" is truly "one".

You should try to keep up, the dollar is collapsing, the US is the highest debtor nation in the world, Russia, the world's second biggest oil producer, is already stockpiling Euros for the switch, when they do Iran will follow.

So don't get too cocky yet.

A little reading for you ... http://www.energybulletin.net/7707.html

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post

Funny, that.

Cocky has naught to do with it.

Here's a thought for you:

If your wish comes to pass, you'll have a whole set of countries to bitch about, but the U.S. won't be one of them.

How 'bout that?

You should try to keep up, the dollar is collapsing, the US is the highest debtor nation in the world, Russia, the world's second biggest oil producer, is already stockpiling Euros for the switch, when they do Iran will follow.

So don't get too cocky yet.

A little reading for you ... http://www.energybulletin.net/7707.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    If your wish comes to pass, you'll have a whole set of countries to bitch about, but the U.S. won't be one of them.

How 'bout that?
    Don't worry, I'll find something to bitch about.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast