Thread: you currently use a pirate version of guitar pro(5INT 1505050)

Urgent

I got this nice warning on my computer today

you currently use a pirate version of guitar pro(5INT 1505050)
    The next use of pirated version will definitive remove the possibility to use guitar pro (pirated or not) on your computer,and an e-mail will be send to piracy siia.net with your peronal informatio

Can this message have something to do with the new windows update I downloaded . Please help me

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    First off... I don't think this belongs in BitTorrent form.

Sounds like a hoax/virus or the creators of the program having a little bit of fun with you after an update triggered a serial key check or something.
    If you go to siia.net and go to "Report Piracy," your only options of the type of piracy to report are:
    • Corporate End-User - unless you are a business using this for financial gain you have no worries
    • Over the Internet - unless you are sharing this with others via IRC or P2P you have no worries
    • Reseller / Distributor - unless you are burning copies or selling copies, again, you have no worries
    Looks like you'll survive this one.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I also got that message, so it isn't true?
    Cause I got scared and never opened the damn program again

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    They just say that to try and scare you into using a legitmate version. For som people it might work some just laugh.

Like JoeyMad said, you only have to worry if you do one of the following.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeymad View Post
    • Corporate End-User - unless you are a business using this for financial gain
    • Over the Internet - unless you are sharing this with others via IRC or P2P
    • Reseller / Distributor - unless you are burning copies or selling copies
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    If you like it buy it. If you can't afford it then get some balls because p2p and pirated programs are not safe anymore.