Thread: bitornado speeds

I use bitornado 0.3.17 its status light is yellow. I have all my firewalls turned off, ive tried the port forwarding, i have a linkysis router and my internet service is with rogers. When i download, the first min the speeds go way up , i get speeds up to 145kb/s , 2 min later it drops to 5kb/s and stays there. I haven't ancountered this problem before. until know . Please could i get some adivce to solve this problem.
    Last edited by sweetieface; 12-13-2006 at 12:01 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    change clients

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bitornado is the only client ive only used,haven't had any problems in the past with it. could u tell me which other client in your opinion should i use?
    Last edited by sweetieface; 12-13-2006 at 12:15 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    utorrent

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    you need to use a client that has protocol encryption, azureus, utorrent, bitcomet (recent versions).

rogers throttles torrent traffic.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply back. Im gonna try utorrent and see how its gonna work out.
    One last question: Why does rogers throttles torrent traffic?
    I can't wait till my contract is up with them. I had no clue they do that rogers. thanks again

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    OK I noticed that you say it shows a yellow status light so the first thing you need to increase your sharing is to get that to a green color.

So what is the model # or your router/modem and also checkout http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and find your router and the client you are using to torrent and you should find a guide.

Post that info here an I might be of better help.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    OK I noticed that you say it shows a yellow status light so the first thing you need to increase your sharing is to get that to a green color.

So what is the model # or your router/modem and also checkout http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and find your router and the client you are using to torrent and you should find a guide.

Post that info here an I might be of better help.
    my router model number is WRT300N Linkysis. Thanks ill check out the link you have posted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    OK I found a guide on how to forward ports on your router and using Utorrent.
    I recommend Utorrent because it uses alot less resources then bit-tornado.

link-> http://www.portforward.com/english/r...N/Utorrent.htm