Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Longhorn Reading

Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@16 May 2003 - 19:36
    secondly, do you reckon someone will be able to crack longhorn? For download use?
    It won't matter if you crack it you still won't be able to connect to the palladium servers.
    Therein lies the evil.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    I personaly won't believe any of this until I get a good source. I'm not a blind microsoft lover it's just this is insane, there are too many techies in the world to let something like this happen.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Nice info Shock, Very Interesting! Good work with the further research, most impressive

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    TRshady
    I do think there will be even more protection then xp but there's no way it'll go to this extent. Who would upgrade then?

But then again, people who really do "play it" legally then they'll be fine. Just imagine over 20million users choosing to sacrifice kazaa for loghorn, nah that aint gonna happen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    Yes the overwheling majority of pc users do play it legaly.
    This change will be forced upon us slowly but surely if Bill has his way.
    He sure is getting alot of cooperation from the companies that count.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Words of Widom all of it.
    But throught out history when the populous of a country has been dissallusioned then they have rissen up.
    If only the human race would learn.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    I apologise for the cynicism (if you think I am being a bit cynical, anyway) but wouldn't Microsoft have included this software in XP?
    Also, this could stop the release of PC games becuase they would have to pay millions to make their games compatible and would have to stop production completely. To be honest, it all sounds like it has been conjured up by an Anti-Microsoft Mac lover. And believe me, they do exist! They all congregate on an Acquisition P2P Message Board and express their hate for PCs and Microsoft.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@17 May 2003 - 06:50
    I do think there will be even more protection then xp but there's no way it'll go to this extent. Who would upgrade then?

But then again, people who really do "play it" legally then they'll be fine. Just imagine over 20million users choosing to sacrifice kazaa for loghorn, nah that aint gonna happen. Arses.
    Yeah, it would be bad for business because people would here about it and not upgrade. The only people who would be affected would be the new PC buyers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Originally posted by Penis Monkey@19 May 2003 - 08:52
    I apologise for the cynicism (if you think I am being a bit cynical, anyway) but wouldn't Microsoft have included this software in XP?
    Also, this could stop the release of PC games becuase they would have to pay millions to make their games compatible and would have to stop production completely. To be honest, it all sounds like it has been conjured up by an Anti-Microsoft Mac lover. And believe me, they do exist! They all congregate on an Acquisition P2P Message Board and express their hate for PCs and Microsoft.
    Windows XP Shows the Direction Microsoft is Going.

http://www.hevanet.com/peace/microsoft.htm

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast