Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Longhorn Reading

Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@16 May 2003 - 08:07
    I read that post again and think this is a big part of the beginning of what will eventually become a one world goverment.
    I know your gonna say I'm paranoid and this is probably not the place to make this kind of comment.
    But I believe the book of revelation.
    If you believe it too then one must also believe that the computer will play a big role.
    God huh?

There is no God and no Devil, Humans are responsible for there own actions, if we fuck up this Planet then no one will save us.

Whats wrong with One world Government?
    It's Far better than Countries fighting agaist each other, we are all humans, on one planet what better than Humanity united for once.

Anyway back on topic Stuff Microsoft if this is true, i wont be buying , oh i mean downloading Longhorn!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@16 May 2003 - 01:18
    stick with xp for awhile... hell some people still use 98
    I still use 98se & will keep on using it until i am forced to upgrade. I have tried XP several times & cannot get on with, it likes to be in control too much. This PC is mine, not Bill Gates.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Whether the rumors are true or not I'm planning to stick with XP for as long as I can and hope that microsoft is forced to turn off palladium eventually.

on another note reading the story of the personal cd earlier in this thread brought to mind something that happened to my cousin. I don't know what he did, but now when he tries to boot into his windows 98 machine a screen comes up saying that he has violated the DMCA and as such will not be allowed to use the OS (he had a pirated version of Win98). So basically his only option is to find a way to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the OS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    balaam thanks for the info! Will try it. Much obliged.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Only thing that's going to drive me nuts about longhorn is the new file system they are implementing

WinFS = Windows Future Storage File System

I'm going to stick with XP for a while, maybe I'll switch over to 2000 Pro again

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Ok clever clogs what if you havent got the internet. Say you got a pc with windows 98 and you dl all your shit with that, then burn it to cd and take it to you longhorn installed pc.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    There is no God and no Devil, Humans are responsible for there own actions, if we fuck up this Planet then no one will save us.
    your opinion, you are welcome to it, I personally disagree but this is for another topic, sweeping statements like that usually lead to flame wars

secondly, do you reckon someone will be able to crack longhorn? For download use?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Governments should force Microsoft to release only open source software !
    An inbaked rom-instruction-set in the cpu is a surefired way to selfdestruction.
    As more and more ppl become aware of overzealous protectionism (and greed)
    and stories about 'echelon' more are willing to take the step to Linux and the like !

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Poster
    isnt this all proof enough for people to see that this only proves that mcirospft wants to be the monopoly software giant. whoever in washington has the power should force bill gates to split up his beloved big brother organization.
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast