Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Some Interesting Longhorn Reading

Poster
    Originally posted by Kokanee@20 May 2003 - 05:21
    LONGHORN SUCKS

Forget about palladium this thread is gay.
    Oh man thats good!

Where did you get that?
    God that is funny!
    I could'nt stop laughing when I saw it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Poster
    BILL GATES ur going to hell. we will revolutionize linux, Microdick will burn. ITS ANARCHY!!!!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    I tried it out and nothing seemed to work (games, apps.) has nice colors and thats about it. I would suggest sticking with XP...its the best thing since the commodor 64 and the cassette tapes for games . I know MS will not release something that doesn't work but it's the hidden features that will be installed and all that fancy shit they throw in just slows you down to the speed of that ole Com64.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    Originally posted by slammy_dunken@20 May 2003 - 03:28
    Are you subliminally saying that you want people to STOP using Windows?  If so, are you subliminally trying to get people to use MAC or LINUX instead?  Cause the point you're trying to get across is that Windows is bad.

You know that you can't make a decision for someone, right?  Even though you say that Windows is bad and have many sources, that doesn't mean that you can force people to stop using Windows.
    You obviously misunderstood what this thread is about, AWARENESS, information, an interesting read. It's up to the people who read this to draw upon their own conclusion, and ultimately make up their own minds. In no way shape or form am I telling ANYONE to STOP using Windows, it's up to them, this is a free country, and the beauty of this country is the freedom of speech, as well as making informed decisions, among many others.

The point I am trying to get across is that it is MY opinion that what is proposed for Longhorn IS bad. Based on the info it don't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, I can't be sure if any of this is true, but by the same token neither can you be sure it isn't, yes you can't believe everything you read, but based on Microsft's track record , it is more probable than not, again this is my opinion, and you have yours.

I am not a MAC addict, or a LINUX fanatic, In fact, I am using XP, (and I might add, not too happy with the digital rights crap it has) But I sure as HELL won't get Longhorn, I'll tell ya that much, not until , and IF it's safe to do so if at all.

P.S. Got a REAL kick outta that GAYBOY Richard Simmons as well, FUNNYYYYYYYYY

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@16 May 2003 - 11:36
    There is no God and no Devil, Humans are responsible for there own actions, if we fuck up this Planet then no one will save us.
    your opinion, you are welcome to it, I personally disagree but this is for another topic, sweeping statements like that usually lead to flame wars

secondly, do you reckon someone will be able to crack longhorn? For download use?
    Hell ya i agree. Ya keep your fucking athiest shit to yourself.

DEVIL!

LOL YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR THAT COMMENT!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    XtremeWaianae
    I think everyone whos seen this thread knows that knowlage to the public is key to the survival of freedom computing. Now pireting is wrong and shouldnt be done but neather is lieing that microsoft contiusouly dose!! And avoiding the truth and putting on masks of things that shouldnt be done is lieing. And if you want proof of weather or not what microsoft is doing is truth, look at all the elemts of microsoft.

Hotmail.com infects your in box with spam and wont let you fix it unless you upgrade, and a hundered times lets you download there awsome .NET software that amazeingly lets you communicate with your friends and family allows you to log on to everything with one UN and PW and OMG! KEEPS SPAM OUT OF YOUR MAIL BOX! well if it was that easy why dont you keep it out in the first place? Isnt microsoft supposed to be your frendly butterfly? Oh of corse, you got to buy there OS and the mail account and the passports spending close to 250$ just to get an email box without spam. Horray were saved, i hated paying nothing for an email box that came with my isp. Of cose you could have them as your isp. ha.......ha ha ha ha.......ha.........ha........ooooooo that was funny! Now they are giving there .NET service and shitty email and messageing away for free. Hummmm...sounds like when they were giveing away there DOS program away for free, how long till the day a message appears one day saying you can upgrade now to the newest bug filled program that controls your computer better thenever before by microsoft for a small payment every month or you can install this little pakage that checks if it is pireted version and keeps you from useing it? Im not shure i hate it so i dont use it, so mabe they have.

But everyone needs to tell everyone about longhorn/palladium. Your school teachers, computer teachers, boses, family, friends, humm.. i wonder what would happen if the news took to this???? good way to tell your coumminty im shure that would make things a little hot and stuffy at microsoft, but as much publicty as the truths of palladium is aired as much money microsoft will be spending to keep it off the air until microsoft can first reach the people and tell them about how great it is for everyone .

I think we have untill 2005 befor microsoft will publicise there crappy program thats alot of time to direct people to this site http://www.stoppalladium.org/html/ wich im shure most people have herd of that knows anything about palladium. I encourage everyone to share the wealth of knowlage.

Ive said a lot because im angry with microsoft and please add on and correct me. I also suck at spelling if you didnt notice, sorry

No longhorn ever! Thats my story and im stick'n to it!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    ill back shockandawe on this actually, I have very good sources concurring.
    If it IS true, put away the conjecture, and we need to start organizing a FRONT to keep comps and the NET for the people!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    XTREME, Excellent and valid point's made there, Touche! Thanks for the link, any and all info that's available is great for edification.

Many are angered by what Microsoft has done, it's a shame that the prospect of what could have been a GREAT asset to the computing community, (namely the ease of use and the many contributions that Microsoft has given to us) has stooped to such Low levels and has been CORRUPTED by individuals, motivated by control, greed , etc. (It's a shame , that that's the way things work in many aspects in this world).

There are many at Microsoft that worked hard and long hours to help bring us some good, and then there are those within the higher corporate level, that unbeknownst to many of those good people, have taken their hard work, and undermined it, twisted it to suit their alterior motives.

I feel for those good individuals, as I can only imagine how many heads are nodding in disapproval ,and feel helpless as they have bills to pay and need to earn a living. Hopefully in time our judicial system will wake up, and champions of our freedom will remember what this country is about, and begin to intervene and put a halt to this.

There should be a court system division, made up of experts in computing, and the presiding judges should be individuals who are up to the times in computing, who can see through false claims and unmask those with good court tactics, as many judges are not very knowledgable regarding computer issues, and are easily fooled into believing this is good, by false claims of computer "security" protocols and such.

I would'nt be surprised if some bright individuals arrange this into our judicial infrastruture , as there is definately a need for this, but then again, there will always be.............CORRUPTION.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Here's what two TOP cryptographers had to say about Longhorn / Paladium, now called NGSCB,( hmmmmmmm I wonder why they changed the name? )read it HERE

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    Some more fuel for the fire, see: The Register . It's related to this topic in that it's about Microsoft's desire to control and restrict file sharing etc.

Basically, it's a report about more of the same old corporate-speak shit as espoused by Microsoft's Steve Ballmer. You can almost taste the duplicity.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast