Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Windows Vista Local Activation Server-MelindaGates

MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Just to let you guys know, this release is working. I have tried it myself now and activated 3 machines running Vista Enterprise.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/softw...dagates-141905

Posted by satansraiser in the news section. Guess there are some copies for you torrent guys too.
    Just remember that you might have to turn off the firewall in the VM Vista thingie as it seems to block the machines trying to activate.

I always have a server up and running @ home so this is really a great and easy thing to use.

Remember that you NEED 2 machines if you don't run Vista and activation server in VM, as you cannot run VMWare in Vista (not compatible).

One other thing: Keep a good CLEAN NON-BOOTED copy of the downloaded activation image in case you fuck things up as it is MS OS
    Last edited by MultiForce; 12-11-2006 at 01:54 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you used echos or bill?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Used both Echos and Winbeta. Deleted the Bill Gates one last week so dunno about that one.

But 48 hours later I'm hating the whole Vista thing anyway hehe. Just a few of my VISTA DRIVERS was able to start and there are a bunch of small bugs etc.
    So back to XP and wait for Longhorn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Shrugs, I don't got a machine to really play around w/ it. All mine has xp on it and I don't really feel like reinstalling because I know my hardware isn't compatible. If I reinstall I'll lose my tv tuner and my scanner. I just played around w/ vista on vmware and its decent. Too much security though. It keeps asking me ALLOW? BLOCK? It's like omg.... when will it stop. Longhorn? Longhorn was the original name for the next OS however they changed it to vista. o.O

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul814 View Post
    Shrugs, I don't got a machine to really play around w/ it. All mine has xp on it and I don't really feel like reinstalling because I know my hardware isn't compatible. If I reinstall I'll lose my tv tuner and my scanner. I just played around w/ vista on vmware and its decent. Too much security though. It keeps asking me ALLOW? BLOCK? It's like omg.... when will it stop. Longhorn? Longhorn was the original name for the next OS however they changed it to vista. o.O
    Don't you have a spare hard drive? If so then you can temporarily unplug your current drive, plug in the spare and install Vista on it. Then all you have to do to go back to your previous setup is switch the drives back.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Longhorn is the next server.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Don't you have a spare hard drive? If so then you can temporarily unplug your current drive, plug in the spare and install Vista on it. Then all you have to do to go back to your previous setup is switch the drives back.
    Unfortunately, I don't. I had one but I dropped it on the floor after building a computer. I finished building the computer and I put the hard drive on top of the case and it slide right off and onto the floor while I was moving it to another room. I've been testing vista out with vmware.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I was reading about a new one on Demonoid called :

" Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise x86 - JACKED - w/ Local KMS Activation Server VMware Image " Size: 4.66 GB

It has pre-installed programs and a guide to install . Its good for 6 months (180 days). To re-activate, simply resubmit your information to "Binbin" as per the provided instuctions. Anyone try yet ?

1. 7-Zip 4.42
    2. Adobe Flash Plugin (Firefox)
    3. Adobe Shockwave Plugin (Firefox)
    4. Foxit Reader Professional 2.0.0930
    5. Intervideo WinDVD Platinum 7
    6. J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9t
    7. Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Enterprise
    8. Mozilla Firefox 2.0
    9. Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.7
    10. Nero Lite Edition 7.5.7.0
    11. PowerISO 3.4
    12. System Mechanic Professional 6.0u
    13. uTorrent 1.6
    14. VMware Workstation 5.5.3
    15. WinRAR 3.61
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-13-2006 at 02:34 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have no clue how but Enterprise (and some other version of Vista) got Virtual PC Express... Should be enough to run activation server on the Vista installation you are going to activate.

I have searched around but cannot find out how to start/configure the Virtual PC Express thingie....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    I have no clue how but Enterprise (and some other version of Vista) got Virtual PC Express... Should be enough to run activation server on the Vista installation you are going to activate.

I have searched around but cannot find out how to start/configure the Virtual PC Express thingie....
    Well I'm about to find out , I have two days to active my RTM version .
    I just liked the idea of the version I found on Demonoid as I actually use 13 out of the 15 programs it includes . I see the Jacked version is a Chinese server , hmm those crooks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast