Thread: BitMeTV irc

Hi everyone
    i used to be a vip member at bitmetv with a ratio of 5+ 255 GB uploaded but 2 weeks ago the ip range was banned so i talked to a mod there and i find out if i am able to get a static ip i can use my account and i can but not before another month
    but i happen to use a proxy just to check on my account if there is any pm or anything but today i found out my account was disabled so i tried to use the #BitMeTV.help but i have a message saying that i have to be +v and iam new to mirc so i didn;t understand what it means so if anyone could help me in this please

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I am also getting that message

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    you have to register a nick on bitmetv's irc: if i remember well, u should type something like "/msg nickserv help" for help after connecting to irc://irc.bitmetv.org. after u have your registered nick, you will be automatically voiced upon joining the #bitmetv chat room.

altough at #bitmetv.help maybe you simply have to wait, till you are voiced.
    Last edited by raspberry1331; 12-11-2006 at 08:20 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i waited as you said with #bitmetv.help and it worked but they said that i have a dupe account but iknow why they thought like this cause i was using a web surf proxy website maybe another guy used it but they said i shouldn't used a proxy and there is nothing they can do and then they just kicked me out after uploading 255 gb and just downloading 50 gb and even if i can get another invite i won't be able to sign up cause the ip range ban maybe i will try to change the isp first

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    oh im sorry to hear that. using a proxy was definitely a bad idea, it is stated in the rules that you should not use one. i hope you can get back soon, this IP range ban is really a harsh thing, but i guess sometimes it is their only defence against cheaters. you should change your isp to get back, and if you want to check your account next time, you should do it at their IRC channel (you dont even need to go to the help channel, there is a special command for it at #bitmetv), not through a proxy.
    Last edited by raspberry1331; 12-11-2006 at 10:56 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 13013 View Post
    i tried to use the #BitMeTV.help but i have a message saying that i have to be +v
    U dont have to register ur nick on bitmetv server. "U have to be +v" means, u need to have "voice" in the channel in order to speak. That means, there have to be a "+" sign near your nickname. They give it after a few minutes or waiting usually, if they dont, it usually means they are busy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331 View Post
    and if you want to check your account next time, you should do it at their IRC channel (you dont even need to go to the help channel, there is a special command for it at #bitmetv), not through a proxy.
    oh i didn't know about that could saved me my account the most thing iam sad not losing the account itself i can upload very fast but i was about to download gilmore girls dvdrips from there and i can't find these anywhere else and i can't change the isp untill another two month cause i paid it already in advance anyway thanks for the help

and for being a +v i didn't write my username i just waited
    Last edited by 13013; 12-11-2006 at 12:58 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    problem solved.
    Last edited by raspberry1331; 12-11-2006 at 03:10 PM. Reason: problem solved

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    what's the addresse for the bitmetv irc channel?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    the channal is #BitMeTV and the help channel #BitMeTV.help
    and you might get a message that you are not a +v just wait they might be busy i hope this can help