Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ddos Attacks On The Filesharing Community

I have noticed of late that groups like RIAA and the like have been looking at legal and not so legal ways of attacking the filesharing community e.g. hacking and the like,
    this has coincided with Distributed denial of service attacks or Ddos for short, on sites that provide p2p with a valuable service, First of it was Donkax a great site For Bittorents, after a few attacks it did not return;
    Then we had Fastrackmovies it suffered a few attacks until it crashed, the guy who ran it was on holiday so it was offline, But the site remained around in an other identity known as fasttrackgames.com, fasttrackmovies is back but is still suffering attacks on a regular basis,
    Now vcdquality is under attack.

I and many others are starting to think that these groups (RIAA & the like) have already stepped over the line and it's only a matter of time before the filesharing hits back if it hasn't done this already.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    this kind of shit always gets paybacks...

remember madonnas mp3s she released, from her new album, that just repeated, "what the fuck do you think your doing?"

well they hacked her website, put up mp3s for the whole cd... and wrote on it... "this is what the fuck I think I/m doing"...

pay backs a bitch... just watch

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    who are they gonna pay back. by the attacks very nature the packets are untracable.

the only way to tell where they came from is to follow the flow of traffic even then you will never find the source unless they are stupid.

and since this is a ddos there are multiple sources so it makes it even more difficult to follow all that traffic.

http://grc.com/dos/drdos.htm read all about it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    DDoS attacks are done by LOTS of computers that are usually infected with viruses/trojans -- and launched by a remote activation code.

Remember the Kazaa viruses mentioned in various forums here as of late?

...some of you may be infected...
    ...some of you are losing some of your bandwidth 'contributing' to these DDoS attacks...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Its very clear to the RIAA that filesharing won't go away. The best they can hope for is to make it difficult to get files. With Kazaa, this isn't hard. Trojans, viruses, fake files, what can you do? Take the good with the bad, and don't get caught holding the gun. B)
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    some of you are losing some of your bandwidth 'contributing' to these DDoS attacks
    nope we aren't.

The attack works by having no real return address.

they send off a syn/ack packet to say we have recieved your request. but it never finds a pc at the other end so it has to wait a certain time before it gives up.

do this lots of times and no one can use the site.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    RIAA has been hit and it will continue.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    How do you know it's the riaa? Dosattacks on things used by millions are excellent fun as they fuck over millions or thousands frustrating us who want info on free stuff. I don't think it takes the riaa to carry this out.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Well, we don't know for sure that its the RIAA, but they did an official press release, and confirmed that they would be using these tactics. Personally, I think there is a legal question here which needs to be answered. This guerrilla warfare tactic from the RIAA will be a P.R. nightmare if they cause damage to the wrong mainframe.
    Proud member of MDS

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    Doesn't matter who's doing it, it's still illegal and two wrongs don't make a right. The thing is.......the gov't and the RIAA and the MPAA and all the artists and organizations that want to stop us are at the brink of we the people bankrupting them, filesharing doesn't really cut into profits, but.......if we get this organised and can get everyone to go along with a total boycott of all product, perhaps they will see what real damage is to their industry. There are too many of us that still do buy music and movies. And the more it's publicized the better. And no matter how much you like a band, how well do you think they'll do if we stopped going to concerts of every band that bitches about the p2p networks?

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast