Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone Alarm Free Vs. Zone Alarm Pro

catalyst05's Avatar Member BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    i use kaspersky antivirus only. it works fine .. My pc is not down after it use.

Firewall is not required.. if u use bi torrent and emule u can use peerguardian or ipfilter.. or netlimiter provides to see your network activity (download and upload) u can block or limit unwanted programs and connection by netlimiter

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Skillz808's Avatar Shadowness BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    LOl zone alarm is not a friendly user program in order to get it to work properly you need to actually go in and mess with settings and configure them, after that has been done it works like a charm i have never had issues with it at all all games work and software and filesharing. just need to be alittle more advanced or not lazy and expect a program to be a one click solution.

my 2 cents

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    parking_jedi's Avatar noone of consequence
    outpost or sygate for resource friendly bit torrent friendly firewalls.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillz808 View Post
    just need to be alittle more advanced or not lazy and expect a program to be a one click solution.

my 2 cents
    u can take ur money back. i've played around with all the settings they provide and this prog is buggy and/or just not optimized for the home user and aimed more so for the network user. if i'm not the only one having these issues, maybe the appz u use are simplimatic and za bypasses them. as for my probs i've listed more that just myself have issues with it.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    does anyone know if u have zone alarm installed and u right click on the icon in the sys tray and close it out (that's disabling it?) does windows firewall take over or is there no firewall enabled at this time?
    can someone confirm plz?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12